ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant colour

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

should be green.if its going brown then flush out your system and change it straight away.the brown is when the coolant starts to corrode your core plugs etc.change it before it gets to bad because it almost impossible to get rid of if you leave it(blocks up your heater matrix etc)

mine has an orange colour coolant in it from factory i think, i would have to take a look. but as jay says if it looks brown or like tea then its time to change it. mine had gone like it in my gtturbo and i flushed it several times to get it clear, and dont even start me on airlocks was a fooking nightmare getting them out :cry:

if its a fairly bright almost flourecent orange then you should be ok, as ive seen red orange and blue/green coloured coolant and as long as it is what is specified by the manufacturer then its ok, alloy blocked or headed cars need the correct coolant, from memory its an ethelene glycol mix (spelling may be way out tho) if its a murky dirty orange it may need replacing tho

yeah its not dirty, just clear orange colour.

but when I first got the car, the coolant is green, then it slowly turns to orange.

:confused: you sure that its hasnt been changed by a garage when they have done a service on the car? ive never heard of coolant do that. if it was blue/green or red or orange it will stay that colour but may appear murky or dirty as corrosion and contaminants get into it and it needs to be replaced. shouldnt change colour

Lionel Richie

mines halfords stuff (its blue) that ok to use in a 1.2 16V???

i poured in 1litre of the stuff and topped up with water

i did it quickly as it was cold!!!! couldnt be bothered to measure properly!!!!

BTW the coolant in my mums new Audi is PINK!!!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 09 December 2003

:confused: you sure that its hasnt been changed by a garage when they have done a service on the car? ive never heard of coolant do that. if it was blue/green or red or orange it will stay that colour but may appear murky or dirty as corrosion and contaminants get into it and it needs to be replaced. shouldnt change colour
no renault coolant goes a horrible orange colour when it really wants changing.type c coolant in old renaults used to be yellow but they stopped making that years ago.renault coolant is a light green.if yours has the original yellow coolant in then change it.they stopped making it because it corrodeds the inside of your engine.

Just checked my coolant again, the coolant is still green.

but from looking at the bottle outside, it looks orange.

its kinda strange, all to do with reservoir(spell?) bottle.