ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant issue

Clio 172
Hi guys , my mate has a 03 plate 172 , he took it for mot recently and all was ok . But the mot guy told him that his car had lost coolant during the emissions test , he then told me that the car needs topping up regular and is shitting himself as he think it could be hg , he told me that it never over heats and no mayo etc . Any suggestions ?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Only an aux belt off job, not cambelt. Its a cambelt job on the 197/200 but not 1*2's

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I told him to get it pressure tested , if it is waterpump then that's a belt off job isn't it?

Pressure test is a good idea. It could be any one of a few things; waterpump, split pipe, radiator cracked.

Aux belt change required yeah. May as well do it if the belts are due, bit of a bummer if they've just been done though.

Clio 172
So how would it loose coolant during the test , unless he has not listened properly and thought the coolant had come out the exhaust , I've never heard of that tbh