ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant

Megane 265 Cup
Was outside just now checking my car for oil and I noticed the coolant is sat right on the minimum line. I only have the car about two and a half months now and I am pretty sure when I bought it the coolant was half way between the max and min lines.

Should the coolant be running that low so quickly? This is my first renault so I am unsure. There don't appear to be any leaks I can see, no mess on any pipes and nothing being dropped in my driveway.

Any adivce welcomed.

Thanks

Megane 225
Renault type D coolant. It shouldn't use any. There may be a leak at a pipe or maybe a pin-hole in the radiator where a stone has flicked up!

Megane 265 Cup
Hmmm weird just drove to my girlfriends house and checked again when I got there and it has gone back up lol WTF? And no I was not parked on a hill lol. Does it need to be at max level?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wouldn't worry TBH, the level will rise/fall slightly depending how warm the engine is.

As long as it doesn't empty it will be fine.

Fiesta ST3
Hmmm weird just drove to my girlfriends house and checked again when I got there and it has gone back up lol WTF? And no I was not parked on a hill lol. Does it need to be at max level?

can be anywhere between min and max, mine at max though

"Navy" N17 TWO
Done that on me a few days after my last "refill" I near sh*te myself lol

Had my car in getting a CV boot replaced a few months ago and when she went up on the lift - low & behold the coolant pipe was OFF the back of the radiator!

How that happened was beyond me

Awesome craic! :rolleyes: