ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CoPilot for iPhone

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
If I get it, it will be on the 3G not the 3GS, will this make any difference?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've got it and it works pretty well. A couple questionable decisions on route choices but only on journeys I know part of the area so maybe its taking the quicker route whereas I want to the more convenient route. On unknown journeys, it's been excellent.

Got my iPhone connected to my Alpine HU, so as I listen to music, it gives instructions over the top. Can hear nice and clear, the screen is good and informative, the lane assist works great, basically tells you which lane to be in for sliproads (not sure on other junctions as I don't use it loads).

Download the app through iTunes, 300Mb-ish. Updates ok to do on the iPhone though. All maps installed onto phone so no data needed, although think data is used sometimes for Assisted GPS, but I think its pretty minimal. One of the latest updates had speed camera warning, which was a free update of course.

Input is very easy, just put in postcode, then house number if you want to, it calculates the route very quickly and then you're ready to go. I was pleased I got it, and for £26 seems absolutely great value. Now I just need a decent car holder.

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
sounds good, what about when u get a incoming call? Heard it exits the program therefore having to input route again? That's what auto express said.

Audi S3 225
ive got both on my phone. Prefer tomtom i think, latest version fixes a lot of problems with gps etc

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The latest update for copilot sorted the issues out for me. Including the handling of calls mid nav. Stuff magazine reviewed them this month, copilot came out on top. Iirc they said they'd prefer copilot even if tomtom was the same price.

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
That's just the kit, will this be needed to? Thats £99 + £59 for app. Would sooner give CoPilot a go for £26

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Same here Jay and also the blue tooth issue, now that's all been sorted its the bit of kit to get!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
A lot of the TomTom iPhone sales I'm pretty sure can be attributed to "branding" because their software offering is nowhere near as good as their competitors on the iPhone platform.

I'd read the iPhone forum over at pocketgpsworld before parting with any cash.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I've got both CoPilot Live 8 and TT 1.0 on my 3g, TBH IMO:

Neither are that great. TT has the best UI and routes. Neithers GPS capabilities impress; fast corners mess with CoPilot and EVERY overhead bridge confuses TT.

I had the very early CoPilot Live on my old HTC c500 Windows Mobile, and 8 brings back bad memories for me, even though they've come a long way with the software.

TT is really intuitive and does work, just not that well.

It's a shame, my old n95 worked so well with TT, just lacked a big screen. The iPhone has this immense screen and the GPS chip seemingly lets it down.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Downloaded Copilot at the weekend, everything works well apart from routing. To drive to Manchester the Copilot route is M3, M25, M40, M42, M6 but I know the quickest way is M4, A34, M40, M42, M6.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Where are you leaving from? I'll try the same route in TT to see which route that chooses.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Downloaded Copilot at the weekend, everything works well apart from routing. To drive to Manchester the Copilot route is M3, M25, M40, M42, M6 but I know the quickest way is M4, A34, M40, M42, M6.

TT gives these results using IQ routes with a departure time of 10:30 and avoiding toll charges. I don't know the area so don't know if they are right or not:

40346832.jpg

7d773a6e.jpg

042db8c3.jpg

I've just bought co-pilot and the only downside for me so far is when in town, taking lots of turns/roads, it doesn't tell you to turn until you are actually at the junction...

I had a look in the Turn Alerts options, but the max time seems to be 8seconds? Unless I'm missing something?

It just doesnt seem to say, 'in 100 yards, turn right'.. Instead it says 'Just ahead, turn right' when you are actually at the junction/roundabout.

It does warn 500 yards in advance, but if the next junction is less than 500 yards away it doesnt say anything.. Any ideas?