ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corbeau Clubsport?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Before I go spending £1500 on Recaro Pole Positions, does anyone have experience with Corbeau Clubsports? They're a third of the cost and after selling my Sportsters, I'd have plenty of money left over for mods, even after buying these! Pole Positions would cost me another £4-500 over the top of selling the Sportsters.

I'm not bothered by the fact they're not FIA stamped, as it's a road car. I'm really looking for opinions of build quality, stitching, comfort etc.

Tanks.

club_sport_small_.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I had them in the mini. They're decent enough, but there is a bit of flex in the seat. They don't feel anywhere as premium as pp (obviously).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers. I know they're not going to feel as premium as a PP, neither am I bothered about FIA approval.
Decent then, I'll look into them.

I've just put one in mine and for the money (£190 delivered, with runners & sidemounts from GSM) I cant really complain. As above they are a little flimsy, but they're comfortable enough, I suffer from back issues and these don't exaggerate it. I went with the XL and they are OK, bit of wiggle room for me with a 34"-36" waste and thin legs and shoulders but perfectly acceptable, but looking back I should have ordered the standard. My mate however fits in it and he's a 40" waste and 18st so id say the XL suits people with a 36"-40" waste.

The seat is just a shell with pads that Velcro on, but you've got to remember its a entry level seat and as above a good one for the money. I'm happy with mine but the car is only used to get to and from track so don't sit in it daily for long journeys, however I recently drove the car to work sat in rush hour traffic there and back and its was perfectly comfortable.

The runners the seat comes with are absolute gash, they don't go back together as one and stick so if a daily you may want to think about better quality runners.

The seat holds you much better than the standards seats but it doesn't hug you like a more expensive seat like the PP would, but again its perfectly acceptable.

All in all I'm happy with it for what it costs and what its used for, but part of me wishes I would have paid the extra for the Bimarco Futura.

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/bimarco-futura-fia-motorsport-seat/prod_796.html

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
They're fantastic seats for the price Chris. I had them in my Trophy, and would recommend them for sure!

I went for the XL version's because they are fairly snug in standard size, and Corbeau advised XL based on my height etc (6ft average build)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Great advice. Cheers chaps.
I think I'm sold on a pair.
Where have people bought from? Recommendations?

I bought mine direct from Corbeau bud. Great service!

If it interests you they can also do custom additions? Coloured stitching, embroidery/logos, even different coloured gel coats for the seat backs.

Red would look awesome! :wink:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

If it interests you they can also do custom additions? Coloured stitching, embroidery/logos, even different coloured gel coats for the seat backs.

Nice one. Appreciated mate, I'll look into that! :cool:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Unfortunately they don't offer custom builds on the Clubsport. :( Just called them now.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Aw that's a shame!

Nevertheless in black they're still a cracking looking seat for the money.

I'm with you on the Recaro 'pole positions' I'd love a set, but they are so damn pricey!

Agreed. I can get two of these, harnesses for track and a rear cage/harness bar for the same money as two PPs!

Clio 182
Ive run Clubsports for 18 months, great seat, not as premium as other seats but decent on track and road.

I got XL but standard are much tighter which i prefer.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ive run Clubsports for 18 months, great seat, not as premium as other seats but decent on track and road.

I got XL but standard are much tighter which i prefer.

Thanks for the info. How did you deal with the airbag light? Small resistor? Was it much work?

Clio 182
Thanks for the info. How did you deal with the airbag light? Small resistor? Was it much work?

Small resistor, no problem. I ran standard pretensioners but either way it's easy as.

Im currently in limbo between seats, my XL seats are for sale but want new ones for a new clio but not sure i want the 4 week wait from corbeau. Next option is OMP Champ R as I still want fiberglass. Gah.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Small resistor, no problem. I ran standard pretensioners but either way it's easy as.

Im currently in limbo between seats, my XL seats are for sale but want new ones for a new clio but not sure i want the 4 week wait from corbeau. Next option is OMP Champ R as I still want fiberglass. Gah.
Ah, perfect. I've a question for you then.
I want to keep the OE seatbelts/pretentioners with the Clubsports. How did you go about it?

Astra VXR NBG ED
Not a Clio so don't flame me haha but just fitted clubs ports into my car.

In your position, I would buy them and put left over money towards other things you'd like to do to the car.
a883513c890b81ca3b9ef4b934b78d68.jpg

502d6559042bb8f6c078dae4b5ee83fd.jpg

4467d9446c09ed5136679d5b62ccf4fb.jpg

Clio 182
Ah, perfect. I've a question for you then.
I want to keep the OE seatbelts/pretentioners with the Clubsports. How did you go about it?

Drilled a hole through the side mount, bolt through, nut on. Done. Simple as, did mean the pretensioners were on show...only an aesthetic problem though

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Drilled a hole through the side mount, bolt through, nut on. Done. Simple as, did mean the pretensioners were on show...only an aesthetic problem though

Perfect. Yeah I'm not too bothered about that. I'll just wrap them in black fabric tape to cover the body.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Nah looks good mate, I see one at Oulton sometimes similar to yours flying around in just over 2 minutes a lap which is rapid.
Not mine bud I'm afraid. Mines a burg and pretty standard engine but had vectra vxr brakes, coilovers, NS2R tyres and weighs just over 1150kg with 277bhp.

Stage 3 is the highest I'll go and just throw everything at handling and weight.

They're the best seat for the money. I had no flex in mine when fitted in my cup on Jon foz subframes.

They look very similar to PP without the price tag. Think there's a set in the classifieds now, they're usually on back order from Corbeau.

My previous setup:

A073A4A8-59DA-4F65-99F4-C557614B0AA7.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They're the best seat for the money. I had no flex in mine when fitted in my cup on Jon foz subframes.

They look very similar to PP without the price tag. Think there's a set in the classifieds now, they're usually on back order from Corbeau.

My previous setup:

View attachment 180934

So excited after seeing that. Nice one mate.
Placed my deposit with Corbeau today, expected in early to mid April.

My wheel, knob and gaiter is off for retrimming this weekend too. Can't wait to see how it all looks.
Thanks for your help, gents.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Get the airbag light turned off with Clip, Chris.

Speak to Gary Burnett in Warrington, he can do it for you.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
So excited after seeing that. Nice one mate.
Placed my deposit with Corbeau today, expected in early to mid April.

My wheel, knob and gaiter is off for retrimming this weekend too. Can't wait to see how it all looks.
Thanks for your help, gents.
Aren't they cheaper via ebay and GSM? There's sets available straight away on ebay.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
For your car being so awesome I would want something premium, even some Alcantara if possible.

Thought about this too. At a later date I could always remove the centre pads and have them retrimmed in black alcantara, but for now I just want some fixed seats. Wheel, knob and gaiter will all be dark grey alcantara and I'm trimming the A pillars in the same material next weekend too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's going to give you what you want either way. I just know you like asthetics.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I'd be tempted by the Pole Positions, just by the fact that they will hold their value 2nd hand if you needed to sell. Where as the Clubsports will be worth naff all :neutral:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd be tempted by the Pole Positions, just by the fact that they will hold their value 2nd hand if you needed to sell. Where as the Clubsports will be worth naff all :neutral:
Clubsport are under £400 for a pair. I doubt there will be much difference in how much you'd lose on them over 2years.