ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Correct OMP boss for 182 cup

Hi, I ordered a 182 boss and it came and would not fit the car. I searched on here and found a reference to a tab being needed on some on not on others? Does anyone have a part number or can explain further?

Ta

BW69

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
The tabs are shown here they engage with the steering angle sensor.
The version for early 172s will still work, but you will get warning lights and errors on esp etc.
SHK10044REN-2-Renault-Clio-182-Steering-Hub-Kit-SCA.jpg

M135i, 197 turbo
The OMP one I had which looks like the one JB21 has linked to above caused steering angle sensor errors in my 172 (non cup). I changed it for a momo one like the one shown by loggyboy above, you need the tabs on the side to turn the steering angle sensor with the wheel, and no problems

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ha yep it'll do my tits in. But then if i have a mismatched omp wheel and boss it'll also annoy me. Living my best life.
So that's all it'll do is not cancel the indicators? No dash lights or owt? I've got the bag resistor

Ha yep it'll do my tits in. But then if i have a mismatched omp wheel and boss it'll also annoy me. Living my best life.
So that's all it'll do is not cancel the indicators? No dash lights or owt? I've got the bag resistor
Mine knocked the traction control and ASR off as well but I think that was down to the position of the steering angle squib. I left it as I turned TC off every time I got in the car anyway.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
It'll bring the esp light up too because the steering angle sensor won't be moving inline with the wheel.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Will return this OMP one to YB racing.

Ordered the MOMO one from KAM Racing.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Momo turned up from KAM racing today. Nice one chumz.

You weren't wrong about the non branded! Didn't even come in a MOMO box or owt

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah tomorrow will lash it all on. Hopefully get my cruise panel from Volantech but doubtful

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah the one in the packet isn't the right ohm. Will have to go an electrical place tomorrow if you know any?