ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cost of a new clutch for a 1.4 Dynamique??

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
I've had a 06 1.4 Clio Dynamique since December and I've known for a while the clutch was going. I've been quoted £560 for parts + labour but isn't that too steep?

Surely I'm being taken for a ride here, right??

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
£560 for parts?! Are they buying you a new gearbox with it?

Edit: Hang on, just noticed the year. Not sure about mk3's actually. Hydraulic clutch may push the price up a little although £560 plus labour still sounds steep to me!

Last edited:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I can’t remember exactly, but my missus used to have the same car and I’m pretty sure that was about what you’ve said all in. That included the slave cylinder too.

If yours is plus labour then get another quote.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So to clarify...

Parts and labour is £560

Or.. parts are £560, labour is extra ?

Remember kids, grammar is important. #JackingOffYourUncle

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That’s probably about where most prices will be, still worth ringing around for more quotes though. Where are you? Someone might be able to suggest a good place to go.

dan's cast offs.
Remember kids, grammar is important. #JackingOffYourUncle

stop_clubbing_baby_seals_lol.jpg

monaco 172
Clutch kit is 166 with slave cylinder on Europarts and that's before weekend discount so trade will be alot less so your basically paying about £450 in labour.

I'm not sure how long it takes on a mk3 but I did mine on my old 182 in about 10 hours (£450) hours laid on my back without a ramp or air tools.

I'd get another quote. But if a mk3 is anything as horrid to do as it was on my Astra H then it could well be a 10 hour job even on a ramp