ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cost of replacing deployed airbags - 172 cup.

Clio 172 Cup
As title, what is the cost of replacing deployed airbags for a 172 cup, both passenger and drivers side.

not that it has happened to mine, but I am thinking of buying a smashed up 172 cup and mending it.

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
You will also have to replace the pretensioners in the seatbelts as well (im assuming they've gone off if the airbags have).

If its a 2002 on 172 cup you will have pretensioners in the rear belts too, so you would need all 4 replacing and a new or reprogrammed airbag control module.

Around another £300 on top i would imagine second hand for the lot excluding airbags.

Breaking A 172 Replica
If I were you I would not bother with replacing the airbags on the cup.

People you buy cups aren't overly bothered about safety or they wouldn't buy a cup and I don't think you will get your money back.

Sam

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
If you did the airbag module would put the airbag and serv light on till you had replaced them, maybe you can replace the resistor on the back ones instead.

You would still need new belts as once the tensioners gone off (in the rear ones at least) they lock up.