ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cost of running a V6 over a 172

Ph1 V6
After recently selling my 172- I'm looking into Vee ownership. How do people find them cost-wise to run? Are they that much more than a 172? It will only be used at weekends and not on a daily basis.

Cheers

Darren

cup 182 mit stripes
Well its spec is quite exotic..........comparably.

Ask Ali, but it's early days for him. lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Higher ins group than the CSL ollivospread! 20D

It's horrific! Granted if your potterin along...which sometimes you do on the motorway, you'll see 30mpg! I take a picture just to prove it's possible.

But idealy you have to give it a bit of stick then its megA on fuel!

Do i care...Do i fu ck! It's worth every penny and then some!

www.v6clio.net will be more help than here.

If your only going to use it at weekends it won't sting you as much as you think it might. I use mine mainly on weekends & sometimes after work.
Petrol is one of the main expenses with one, you can get high 20's to the gallon though.
Servicing isn't overly expensive, apart from if it needed a camblet etc.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
If your only going to use it at weekends it won't sting you as much as you think it might. I use mine mainly on weekends & sometimes after work.
Petrol is one of the main expenses with one, you can get high 20's to the gallon though.
Servicing isn't overly expensive, apart from if it needed a camblet etc.

Not something i have to worry about! Done before i bought mine!

Only thing thats expensive is the amount of car shampoo i'm going through! lol

Can you really care about runnin costs when they look this good...(Even if i say so myself) ;)

DSC01694.jpg

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Just had my 24k service done.. £265.24 Not too bad i'd say!

They're not a hugh amount more to maintain really. Obviously tax and insurance will be more,but on the whole not too bad. They do seem to take alot more looking after though, in the way of where you park, road humps etc.

Go for it..! You'll love vee ownership!

Well its spec is quite exotic..........comparably.

Ask Ali, but it's early days for him. lol

lol....

It's horrific! Granted if your potterin along...which sometimes you do on the motorway, you'll see 30mpg! I take a picture just to prove it's possible.

Shockingly :eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol....

Shockingly :eek:

Why shockinly? Car sticks out like a sore thumb, alot more so than the CSL...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why shockinly? Car sticks out like a sore thumb, alot more so than the CSL...

Worth a third of the price, not half as quick, and more of em about aint there?

hooligans car tho :rasp:

356? 1/2 the price and not quite half as slow! Prob use about twice as much fuel tho! ;)

Same as the cossie's mate, silly insurance and slower/worth nothin now too.

Worth a third of the price, not half as quick, and more of em about aint there?

hooligans car tho :rasp:

356? 1/2 the price and not quite half as slow! Prob use about twice as much fuel tho! ;)

Didn't know they were that much new, my bad. But still, csl is quite a bit quicker, and csl is probs as bad as on fuel..

edit-Just checked and fecking hell that V6 drinks fuel. Close to the CSL but I wasn't expecting that lol.

Monaco 172 2/468

Didn't know they were that much new, my bad. But still, csl is quite a bit quicker, and csl is probs as bad as on fuel..

edit-Just checked and fecking hell that V6 drinks fuel. Close to the CSL but I wasn't expecting that lol.

CSL is a different sport to the V6 as far as speed goes

I guess if I was a random vandal, i'd more likely key the v6 than the csl :eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I wish mine did the book MPG figure. More like 15 around town...

Pace isn't an issue...

Yeah the book figures I found for mine were optimistic too. Doesn't help having a heavy right foot round town either :evil:

Lionel Richie
100miles will cost you £20

airfilter is £90 (no joke!)

its an expensive car for an everyday runner, i used mine everyday last year between july to november (100miles a day average) i hate to think what i payed in petrol! £60 to fill it up and i think 250-300miles was the most i got

f**king awesome car, i don't care what anyone says, above 90mph its very very fast, plus its one of the most exclusive cars on the roads!

i still have mine, although i haven't driven it since november 06! (soon to change :evil:)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
100miles will cost you £20

airfilter is £90 (no joke!)

its an expensive car for an everyday runner, i used mine everyday last year between july to november (100miles a day average) i hate to think what i payed in petrol! £60 to fill it up and i think 250-300miles was the most i got

f**king awesome car, i don't care what anyone says, above 90mph its very very fast, plus its one of the most exclusive cars on the roads!

i still have mine, although i haven't driven it since november 06! (soon to change :evil:)

Indeed over 90 it's level peggin with an evo 7.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^
Ali mate, no one on here will believe you as they all think that vee's are slow:dapprove:

Having said that! From 40-130 it's close with my bro's R32 :S up a hill and him tucked behind me!

Craig, i couldn't care about the speed...We know that vee ownerships all about!

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

30mpg, no bloody way!
is that even possible??

pic please :)

Mk2 172
After recently selling my 172- I'm looking into Vee ownership. How do people find them cost-wise to run? Are they that much more than a 172? It will only be used at weekends and not on a daily basis.

Cheers

Darren

If you have to ask you cant afford it. alot more than a 172 lets put it that way!!!

JamesG - I averaged 28mpg the other week, that included crawling along in traffic on the motorway & bit of 50mph speed limit on it too.
I reckon I could get 30 easily on a clear run.

Cheers

Darren

If you have to ask you cant afford it. alot more than a 172 lets put it that way!!!
based on ??
We've already said that servicing costs & fuel will be the issue, that's about it.

Mk2 172
based on ??
We've already said that servicing costs & fuel will be the issue, that's about it.

Tyres, brakes everything is far more expensive than the costs of a 172!!! servicing, insurance, fuel, depreciation when puttin miles on them. what more do you need. if hes loaded then its fine.

RB 200 Cup!
id love a V6 one day - but gf wants a house next sept so doesnt look promising - unless i win some money

or kill my parents.......