ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could be the next big thing?

n2x

e60/f10
Just thought of an idea that you could use a smartphone as a wireless mouse for ipads/laptops. The camera acts the same way as the irda on a regular mouse and you only need to download an app for left/right mouse button and scroll. Would be awesome.

Now all i need is a multi-billion dollar smartphone company to get it rolling :dapprove:

2014 Focus Titanium
Terrible idea!

A much better on is that your phone will probably soon be everything in your pocket. There are already steps for the phone to become your bank/credit card with contact payments, and I can't see it being long before a car manufacturer tries to use the contact thing as a wireless key for your car so there are no need for car keys any more.

The downside is that if you lose your phone you lose everything but there can always be a back up or way around that.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think you can already control your car, starting, locking etc with some 3rd party app s**t and some ecu/tech.

I have an app which allows me to use my iPhone screen as a standalone trackpad which I can link to computers/laptops. It works but much prefer to just use a mouse really

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I already have this app mate...has shortcuts to individual programmes too like iTunes or Spotify so like a mouse and remote control in one.

Nice idea though haha!

App I have is called 'Unified Remote (full)' on Android, cost £3 I think. Winning.