ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could have been bye bye engine

Ph1
Just had a lucky escape. Aux belt just snapped right outside my house due to a cracked Alternator pulley.

I have a few questions.

1st up, can i buy just the alternator pulley without having to buy a whole new alternator??

Also, ive just had the tensioner changed by Renault last month. Is there anything in the Renault guides about all plastic pulleys should be changed at the same time??

Is this going to be expensive **runs away and hides**

Any help much appreciated

182 inside
i'd get hold of renault and moan that they should have spotted this damage bla bla bla and see if you can get it done for FREE!!!

if its the alternator pulley then new alternator. thsi is a problem on the new alt's the old metal ones were fine.

Most meganes have the sides cracked off the pulley but last for ages.

i'd moan at renault though

Ph1
The thing is mine is a metal one !!! being the 2nd alternator ive had on my car.

Its got a chunk out of it the kind of size of a 10p from what i could see.

I cant see how a metal pulley can crack bits off like that. Im wondering if its something to do with the fitting of the tensioner i had done a few weeks before.