ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could this be the cause of poor starts & poor idle?

Clio mk4 1.5dci
I posted on here a while back about the trouble I had getting my clio to startup & the lumpy idle. I finally took it to a garage to have a ECU readout done to try & find what`s causing it. The ECU was showing a misfire, so the garage reckons it`s the coil pack & the geezer at the garage says that the plugs are a cheapo make called Champion & he recommended that I swap them for NGK. He`s saying that a new coil pack will cost £60, does this sound about the right price & is it worth having done?

Ta
Rich

Im having sort of the same problem. Are the coils for your car individual pencil coils which sit ontop of the spark plug with the leads plugging into the top of the coil?

Chris

Clio mk4 1.5dci
Well, it was nice while it lasted, the misfires back but it ain`t as bad this time & it cut out while ticking over on the drive. I`ve checked the plug leads to make sure they`re on nice and snug but I can still hear the misfire through the exhaust, any ideas anyone? I`m clueless & the guy at the garage is. Might it still play up if the fault codes haven`t been cleared?

i had to get my coil pack changed when the carbon cannister broke, so therefore was running lean and damaged the coil and plugs. car was spluttering like mad and felt horrible to drive. took it to my mates garage, got the coil and plugs changed and new clutch while i was at it. lovely now :)