ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Skoda Fabia vRS
those Eagle Eye things are not great, my brother has one on his PS3 and i know he has had trouble setting it up properly

Had the beta for a few months now, they're doing some nice changes so far but on the whole I'm not a fan, the way the guns are "random" really irritates me, I get the fact they want to make it more realistic but to be honest at the moment it doesn't take aim to kill someone more than luck!

Had the beta for a few months now, they're doing some nice changes so far but on the whole I'm not a fan, the way the guns are "random" really irritates me, I get the fact they want to make it more realistic but to be honest at the moment it doesn't take aim to kill someone more than luck!

This is the core problem with the game. How are you supposed to master a game that is entirely random.

This is the core problem with the game. How are you supposed to master a game that is entirely random.

I'm glad it's not just me that has noticed it, every time I set down to play it (finally got 2 other friends who got a key now), and i just end up getting pissed off and rage quitting. My aim is pretty good (blowing my own trumpet eh), but CS:GO just ruins what skill I could be using, back to Source for now and hopefully they will fix it.

As far as I'm aware a lot of the pros testing it have complained to Valve about it also, but nothing has been done so far so whether or not it will change is another story!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Anyone a regular with this then?

Just downloaded it, seems OK.

F82 M4
Our team lasted 3 weeks, did pretty well to be fair. Got bashed by the Source nubs though.

Valve are basically being a bit stubborn and are not listening to the community and what they want. They won't even greenlight nuke_ve which is 10x times better than their nuke so we've all gone back to 1.6 now.

As Addicted said, it's just too damn random. It's too easy to be killed easy. No skill involved. (But that's similar to Source anyway) ;)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Anyone a regular with this then?

Just downloaded it, seems OK.

I downloaded the demo the other day, enjoyed my free 40mins! Like the way you can jump into a bot if you die. Not sure I would buy it tho, how much is it in real money?

Focus
Been playing it on and off, really impressed, think its far more realistic than source. Still prefer good old 1.6 though!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
£12. Graphics are nice, initial thoughts though is that your guns fire off where-ever they want!

F82 M4
Nah mate, completely different game. The maps are all based from the original 1.6 maps just like they are on Source.

EDIT: Ran out of posts for the day

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying it now. As random as the guns are you can control the AK and Colt. Best thing to do is never crouch as that seems to really screw things up and don't spray. What is good is actually having other guns to use, the Glock and P2000 are completely useless so you now get to rock duel elites or a tec9 and not feel like a dick :cool:

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Might get this on PS3 moved away from PC gaming now. I played 1.3, 1.5 and source. I'll see how it is on ps3. I bet people will still prefer cod :l

F82 M4
Completely given up with Global now as it's absolutely crap, been playing a lot of cspromod instead at quite a high level.

Competed in the OCLeague Europe last night with a few pro teams in it. Managed to get the quarter finals and ended up losing 16-14 :(

The match was streamed live with a commentator. Didn't have the best game though, managed to pull off 2 TK's :D It's bloody nerve racking when there's a few hundred people watching you! Still quite unfamiliar with promod models.

The stream is here if you want a look http://www.twitch.tv/zaihtam/b/350591472

Fast forward to 1:21:27 where I have a round of TK'ing my team mate and then just about winning a 1on1 situation. It's a good job I didn't lose that round ha :cool:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
CS : S or nothing for me. Crap at that too these days lmao

2014 Focus Titanium
You never lose the aim (unless the mechanics change, but with CS there have only ever been minor changes), but game sense starts from scratch again with GO there's so much more complex plays than before due to better smokes, use of molotov etc.

I really love it though. The match making system is so much better than logging into mIRC and trying to get a 5v5 with someone else having a server, you can just jump straight into a game.

You soon pick it back up as well, I started as single AK rank (master guardian) which is pretty dire but in two months I'm already and badge rank (DMG) and hoping to get to Legendary Eagle soon!

cs-go-ranks.jpg

The only bad thing about the game is you get some complete w*****s playing it, but once you get some mates who play it, it's awesome!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I played one competitive match thing yesterday. Paired with only Russians. We were 11-2 down (I was f**king appalling) then managed to get it to 15-15 when the Russians started to click, and I remembered how to shoot
How do I get these rank things?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'm going to need to find some people to play with. I'd forgotten just how toxic the CS pubbing stuff is. As much as I loooove people playing music and calling each other fags...

2014 Focus Titanium
You need 10 wins then you are assigned a rank Cookie. And yeah, 70% of the people in MMs are arseholes unfortunately.