ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of 182 questions - just bought and want to tinker!

MK Indy Hayabusa
Hi All,

Well just picked up a Arctic Blue (I think!) 182 with Cup package.......
Am made up and its perfect for my move to France in a few weeks, very comfortable and very nice to use on a daily basis I suspect.

It does have K-Tech Coilovers and a Milltek decat + Yozzasport exhaust which sounds great.

However I wish to do the following before I take it to France, some advise or guidance on how to and if poss please:

Change the gearbox oil - Is this possible on these cars? Though boxes say "sealed for life" I have great experience refilling previous cars with Castrol SMX synthetic gear oil ;)
Increase the ride height - Presumably jack up each corner and wind some more thread onto the coilover body? What about the rear of the car?
Lubricate clutch cable or replace - easy to do?
Replacement ITG air filter - any good supplier or anyone have one for sale?
Full remap to suit exhaust and filter set-up - any suggestions for a "remapper" in Sussex + cost?
What are the best fast road pads that dont throw up to much brake dust - I really dont care for EBC, is there anybody else i.e. Carbone Lorraine, Mintex?
Also my reverse lights dont work which I dont believe to be a bulb fault - is there a switch/sensor that is manually "switched" when reverse is selected? If so where is it?

Well I really appreciate any helpful feedback and guidance!! Sorry for a couple of questions that proably should be in the electrics forum!
Otherwise the car has 53K on the clock and is in lovely condition so made up with the purchase :)

Cheers
Jason

Yozz'd up 182
Change the gearbox oil - Is this possible on these cars? Though boxes say "sealed for life" I have great experience refilling previous cars with Castrol SMX synthetic gear oil

Yes you can, Fill using the butterfly screw under the airbox until it flows out. Use GL4 grade oil.

Increase the ride height - Presumably jack up each corner and wind some more thread onto the coilover body? What about the rear of the car?

Yup, as you said. Rears will have springs on platforms you can raise.

Should be fine anyway.

Most places stock them now. Check Ktec or Kamracing.

Full remap to suit exhaust and filter set-up - any suggestions for a "remapper" in Sussex + cost?

Dont know any in sussex. Tour-de-Force is just over 2 hours away as is Ktec. Both have reputations on here.

What are the best fast road pads that dont throw up to much brake dust - I really dont care for EBC, is there anybody else i.e. Carbone Lorraine, Mintex?

Mintex 1144 are ok for road. Ferodo DS2500 get the best reviews on here. But arent a straight fit onto the car. Some filing is needed.

Also my reverse lights dont work which I dont believe to be a bulb fault - is there a switch/sensor that is manually "switched" when reverse is selected? If so where is it?

Not sure on that mate, sorry.

BMW M135i
Change the gearbox oil - Is this possible on these cars? Though boxes say "sealed for life" I have great experience refilling previous cars with Castrol SMX synthetic gear oil

Yes its possible and well worth doing, stick to 75w80 only. Motyl stuff from opie oils works well.

Raise the adjuster rings on the front, and raise the adjusters underneath the rear springs at the back assuming someone hasn't removed them to get more lowzzzz.

Replace. And its fun.

ITG usual places, merlin motorsport worth a look.

Not going to give great benefits so stick with an RStuner and save some money for the same result. http://www.fastchip.nl/

All the decent pads are a bit more nasty dust wise. Won't go too far wrong with Brembo high carbon discs and ferrodo ds2500 pads on the front. Stick with standards on the rear, very low braking effort its not work upgrading.

Reverse light switch on the box possibly (test it first), on the rear of the box on a JC5 iirc.

Think that covers most of it.

BMW M135i

Yes you can, Fill using the butterfly screw under the airbox until it flows out. Use GL4 grade oil.

Yup, as you said. Rears will have springs on platforms you can raise.

Should be fine anyway.

Most places stock them now. Check Ktec or Kamracing.

Dont know any in sussex. Tour-de-Force is just over 2 hours away as is Ktec. Both have reputations on here.

Mintex 1144 are ok for road. Ferodo DS2500 get the best reviews on here. But arent a straight fit onto the car. Some filing is needed.

Not sure on that mate, sorry.

Clutch cables do get sticky and more stiff when they get old and the grease dries out, plus the DS2500s fit just fine if you get the right model of pads (ie not the ones ktec sell).

Yozz'd up 182
plus the DS2500s fit just fine if you get the right model of pads (ie not the ones ktec sell).

The ones fred sells need filing (he does it before sending them) and they are the 565H pad, where as i believe Ktec sell the 406H which were meant to be the right fitting ones?

MK Indy Hayabusa
"Change the gearbox oil - Is this possible on these cars? Though boxes say "sealed for life" I have great experience refilling previous cars with Castrol SMX synthetic gear oil

"Yes you can, Fill using the butterfly screw under the airbox until it flows out. Use GL4 grade oil."

How do you drain the oil thats in there and how much oil does it hold? :)

Renault Sport Clio 182
Devil Developments in littlehampton has been used by a few member's on here for remap's (i think) and dyno run's

BMW M135i
The ones fred sells need filing (he does it before sending them) and they are the 565H pad, where as i believe Ktec sell the 406H which were meant to be the right fitting ones?
I thought it was the other way round? Could be wrong.

"Change the gearbox oil - Is this possible on these cars? Though boxes say "sealed for life" I have great experience refilling previous cars with Castrol SMX synthetic gear oil

"Yes you can, Fill using the butterfly screw under the airbox until it flows out. Use GL4 grade oil."

How do you drain the oil thats in there and how much oil does it hold? :)

3.1l. Drain plug on the bottom, get a new copper crush washer for it or it will leak afterwards.