ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

couple of detailing projects I've got coming up

Octavia VRS
1. 54 plate Clio Extreme - my dad's

He doesn't do many miles so downgraded from a Meggy to a Clio (which he now regrets lol). Anyway this car is metallic black, he doesn't wash it often and when he does it is just shampoo and a sponge. He says he wants to use colour restorer and a wax. I've looked at the paintwork and it's not too bad and there are a few light scratches.

The process I am going to use is:
- Wash with washmit
- Maybe clay with quick detailer
- Scratch X (haven't decided if I will do whole car or just parts of it)
- SRP
- EGP
- Carnuba XXX wax

The SRP should bring it up well hence meaning a colour restorer won't be needed? It's only 18 months old as well.

2. L reg Vauxhall Astra 1.8CD

My brother's 'new' car. Paintwork isn't too bad actually. Couple of nasty scratches tho and lots of swirls as expected. Some parts of bodywork are faded too but not too badly.

I was going to use a similar process to the one above but prob more elbow grease/applications.

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

106 GTi
Process looks fine, Scratch X and AG SRP will restore colour anyway.

You need a PC lad ;)

Octavia VRS
damn right I do Rich! Alan should be getting one soon, so I'll be calling on his 'sevices' lol. Cheers mate

E90
Tomorrow i'm doing the Golf, seeing as it'll be sunny for more than a day....

I'll be using, Bucket and water, with fairy liquid in it, and a sponge.
I'll dry it, but driving at 100 mph, round my local ring road, as usual
Then WAIT FOR IT....... I will be applying Megs nxt Tech wax, with the round spongy thing that came in the packet.. But dont get Too excited Richard my dear, as it will be removed using several old pairs of my boxer shorts, 100% cotton, before u ask. Would post pics but i dont have a camera. I may also be using some winolene on the windows, and this will also be applied using old pants.

Full details on water temperature and wax particle sizes as soon as my Missus has left me ;)

300bhp MR2 Turbo
WTF would you use a PC to clean a car for?
Do you go online and ask for tips or something?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Weeman said:
Tomorrow i'm doing the Golf, seeing as it'll be sunny for more than a day....

I'll be using, Bucket and water, with fairy liquid in it, and a sponge.
I'll dry it, but driving at 100 mph, round my local ring road, as usual
Then WAIT FOR IT....... I will be applying Megs nxt Tech wax, with the round spongy thing that came in the packet.. But dont get Too excited Richard my dear, as it will be removed using several old pairs of my boxer shorts, 100% cotton, before u ask. Would post pics but i dont have a camera. I may also be using some winolene on the windows, and this will also be applied using old pants.

Full details on water temperature and wax particle sizes as soon as my Missus has left me ;)

Aye well it's only a Golf...I think your going overboard with your process as it is.

ST
_Kenny_ said:
1. 54 plate Clio Extreme - my dad's

He doesn't do many miles so downgraded from a Meggy to a Clio (which he now regrets lol). Anyway this car is metallic black, he doesn't wash it often and when he does it is just shampoo and a sponge. He says he wants to use colour restorer and a wax. I've looked at the paintwork and it's not too bad and there are a few light scratches.

The process I am going to use is:
- Wash with washmit
- Maybe clay with quick detailer
- Scratch X (haven't decided if I will do whole car or just parts of it)
- SRP
- EGP
- Carnuba XXX wax

The SRP should bring it up well hence meaning a colour restorer won't be needed? It's only 18 months old as well.

2. L reg Vauxhall Astra 1.8CD

My brother's 'new' car. Paintwork isn't too bad actually. Couple of nasty scratches tho and lots of swirls as expected. Some parts of bodywork are faded too but not too badly.

I was going to use a similar process to the one above but prob more elbow grease/applications.

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

Good process old son tho you want some of Davids 'M Seal', i had a sample off it....take if from someone who's on his second black Clio its paint p**n lol

Octavia VRS
^ lol mate

I'll get that shizel soon but have spent a few £ on detailing products recently!

300bhp MR2 Turbo
Although I knew it wasnt a personal computer I always wondered what PC stood for.

Now I know. Although what is a Porta Cable?

300bhp MR2 Turbo
My car always looks good after a hand polish/wax

Heck I've even taken to using this stuff www.go-waterless.co.uk takes about 20 mins to do the whole car and leaves it utterly spotless. And NO it doesnt scratch the paint.