ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of new motors...

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Have a couple of new motors on the way to keep me going for a bit.

Owned many 172s back in the day and was offered this, 34k 1 owner. Paid deposit and collect in a few weeks.

IMG_0875.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG
IMG_0877.JPG
IMG_0878.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG

I loved the R26R but it was too much money for what it was so just put a deposit down on this. All the right mods, covered 31k and pretty mint throughout. Has slight coolant leak which I have requested to be sorted before I take away. Only one pic lol, loveeee the colour.

IMG_2208.JPG

Still have a 3rd car to sort but thats not due until may.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Lol you will soon have more cars than a car garage. Look like great buys. I'm sure they will look even better when you start working them.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Lol you will soon have more cars than a car garage. Look like great buys. I'm sure they will look even better when you start working them.

Really excited over the Megan. Can't remember what a 172 feels like to drive but it will look mint lowered on a set of Turinis.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That exclusive will be worth more to someone standard surely.
Both very nice clean looking cars.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tidy. Did wonder why you asked about coilovers the other day.

What’s the Megane spec

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
That exclusive will be worth more to someone standard surely.
Both very nice clean looking cars.

I will keep the standard parts but I will make my mind up when it's on the drive.

Tidy. Did wonder why you asked about coilovers the other day

What’s the Megane spec

Usual.

Forge intercooler with pipework
Open induction kit
Full turbo back defatted exhaust
Remap
Lowering springs
Rear spacers
DS2500 pads all round

Feels as quick at the R. Exhaust fitted after remap so will get the map checked to make sure it maximises the flow and that it's running leaner.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nice. Ballpark what did you pay? Only ask as I’ve been offered a red one with 64k that needs belts and pretty standard.

Holding out for a mapped one with a few mods tbh.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Ballpark what did you pay? Only ask as I’ve been offered a red one with 64k that needs belts and pretty standard.

Holding out for a mapped one with a few mods tbh.

More than the average matey. 7.5k which reflects mileage and condition.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Okie dokie cheers. Did think it would be the top end due to the condition/Miles.

:smile:

The good ones do pop up from time to time, I might have paid over the odds, dunno tbh as there is nothing to compare against currently. I was taken back by the condition, the yellow in the sun is out f**king standing.

Last edited:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
take it thats the exclusinve that steve r-sports cars was selling? saw it on facebook. both look lovely.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Would love a Cup in the same condition as I owned three of them originally. Given up trying to find one.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Fair play fella! After all the time, effort & money you'd put into it, I'd have thought you'd have wanted to hang on to it.
Even though it will be all good, I lost faith in it. The whole job getting it back on the road was a c**t from the start and I don't want to go through it again.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Best colour for sure. Is it just me or does it seem to have quite a large wheel gap? I walk past one every day but maybe that one's lowered.

Two great buys there, the Megane looks fantastic but I really like that phase 1, I too saw the detailing photos on facebook and thought it looks great then! Re the Turini's and lowering, absolutely! Love an exclusive but not the wheels and nothing that can't easily be put back