ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of questions from a newbie...

Looking for some info...

Best tyres for track/road?
Best budget brake setup? I run Carbotech XP10 on my track prepared MR2 turbo, but don't want to spend that much on the 182...
Best air intake?
Best exhaust system?

Anything else worth considering for track?

I've been through KTR already...

172 cup
Have a search shed loads of tyre threads already for you to have a look through
brembo HC discs and ds2500 pads are a popular combo
Just stick a panel filter in unless you want to spend 200 quid on a ktec induction kit
for a few bhp (it does sound pretty good though) or you can do a DIY version fairly cheaply
Unless your exhaust needs replacing I would leave it or if you really want to replace it
there are loads of options BTM/Ktec/miltek/rs192 it's just personal preference on what
sound you prefer etc..

You can get everything from ktr, but it's a lot more expensive.

Personally, ds2500's aren't great for track use. Fine for fast road, but as soon as you start using them in anger on track they over heat quickly. DS3000's are more suited to track but less civilised on the road.

Induction kits, what's the budget? Panel filter in a ph1 air box gets a good budget following.

Exhaust, BTM's own.

Tyres, AD08's or 595 RSR's.

Other suggestions, white line RARB, braided lines, and a suspension refresh with new genuine parts.

Cliosport 172 cu
Think I rate em I do one of the best I put on grip in dry and wet is outstanding for the price you pay I chuck my car round corners and they handle it mine am road/track day

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
I was surprised at how good the T1R's are too... my mate has them on his track-only Fiesta and they performed pretty well

172 cup
I put a set of t1r's on my ST great in the dry total s**te as soon as it rains though IMO.

Just to add to that when I bought my cup it came with a set of toyo proxes 4 on it and they seem to be a lot better but if he is looking for a tyre to use on track I would steer well clear as neither of them will be up to the job.

Cliosport 172 cu
If you want good then go for Pirelli or Michelin but they do cost if you look at Pirelli website you will see there range of sport tyres they supply