ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of Questions (new 172 Cup owner)

I have recently bought a PH2 172 Cup. My first Clio. It's in fair condition and was a bargain.

It's been cammed with dyno results (a little optimistic at 200bhp though :D). Certainly lively coming on cam at 4.5-5k and makes an awesome sound via the filter. It also has a B&M and Rota wheels (not sure on these). Also looks like a 4-1 manifold but standard backbox.

I have a few weird issues:

- Fuel pump is so noisy. I think it may be uprated but why would you if the standard one is good for 330bhp?
- Also the fuel pump won't prime on the first turn to accessory position, you must turn back to first click then back to second click for it to prime and then turn it over.

- Crunching in 3rd and popping out of 4th depending on revs/ speed of change.
- There is rattles from engine i believe this is the twisted bottom mount? If so would the above be linked (i hope so).

The car was cheap as said but with no history I will be getting the cambelt/dephaser etc done as it's a little noisy and the cams were fitted in 2007 so it's time anyway.

Anyway a cracking car, this ones certainly quick. Bit different coming from a BMW 328i but I am enjoying it so far.