ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couzens's Petrol Blue 182.

Petrol Blue 182.
The V6 went and I'd spent a couple of weeks looking at overpriced Infernos and Racing Blues, after getting home from work and seeing if any more had come up for sale, this petrol blue was posted 5 minutes prior to me checking. I drove up to Nottingham the following morning to go and see it.

Paintwork seems to be original, with a few stonechips and car park dinks also has the benefit of the belts being done at BTM last year.

It came with a mint Snappy steering wheel and gear gaiter, which is on a ph1 stick, have the original in the boot! Dash strips have been painted petrol blue but may put those back to silver.
The 182 wheels have had a paint job which is in need of attention, this car didn't have the handling pack added at point of sale, but is now apparently on cup springs.

The exhaust blows at the joint where the cat meets the centre pipe, the gear linkage needs setting up, as to get it in first is like putting a BMW in reverse. The splitter needs replacing as it's deformed in one of the corners.
The exhaust is a Yozza Sport so I'm told, but is off centre and needs a new exhuast bracket.

In general the car needs a good sort out and tidy up to be made respectable once again!

14252227577_fd1b7ed5fc_c.jpg
DSC_0382 by couzens1989, on Flickr

14437560584_f2d19bf8a6_c.jpg
DSC_0380 by couzens1989, on Flickr

14252072350_dd32e56798_c.jpg
DSC_0379 by couzens1989, on Flickr

14458853653_d77f58c943_c.jpg
DSC_0381 by couzens1989, on Flickr

14252057558_5cb3ed595f_c.jpg
DSC_0384 by couzens1989, on Flickr

14415554666_eb746d55d9_c.jpg
DSC_0376 by couzens1989, on Flickr

Things to do:

Sort exhaust blow
Paint inlet manifold silver and get a engine cover
Turinis
New exhaust mount
Clean up the headlamps
Gear linkage adjustment
Car park dinks
Eibach springs
Dash strips back to silver

Comments/opinions/ideas welcome!

It's got potential.

Looks like a good buy. I'm sure it will be lovely once you get it how you want it

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Petrol blue getting a lot of love lately. Ever since I sold mine it appears...
Maybe I should have pimped mine about more on here. Enjoy. Would be great to see a group shot with the others 4 or 5 on here.

Petrol Blue 182.
I was looking at the advert and wasn't surprised how quickly it sold! Looks like a good purchase mate, enjoy it :)

Aye, was within price range and the RBs/Infernos I was looking at all needed belts doing next year and Aux belts were overdue. So instantly I was trying to factor that into price and not getting anywhere. So snapped this up as soon as I could!

Petrol Blue 182.
Christopher's looks better..

Enough, you. Or I'll fix it that you can't post your slanderous comments in here.

Lovely Ryan, good buy. Will be great when you have tidied it up.

Cheers Cub! We'll have to get some pics with Luke when it's tidied up.

Really like the colour!

Get cracking on the tidying :D

All ready started!

Thought I would tackle the blow in the exhaust today. Oh dear.

14258078407_79d63e576b_c.jpg
DSC_0454 by couzens1989, on Flickr

The small blow is a massive crack which rings nearly the whole flange. I've put a new brackett on and covered it in paste to lessen the blow, but I'm now on the lookout for a decat.

Also needs a new exhaust mount as it's had a proper homebrew job. The carpentry skills are second to none.

14421401866_7eeecba7ae_c.jpg
DSC_0377 by couzens1989, on Flickr

Engine bay is half sorted, removed the KTR induction kit and replaced it with the standard item. Silver paint bought and I should have an engine cover on Thursday!
Turinis lined up also. Progressing nicely.

Last edited:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Check the bolt spacing! It's got a cup spoiler and springs, that's highly suspect of cup packs :)

Looks lovely. I really like the wheels that colour.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wow, did the previous owner buy the rear shocks from a Pound shop??

14421401866_7eeecba7ae_c.jpg

Petrol Blue 182.
Very nice that mate.

Cheers Gav.

As the weather was nice, I decided to take the horrible black inlet manifold and fuel rail gaurd off and return them back to silver. Also managed to source an engine cover from Budgie, thanks for that.

Just waiting on some bolts from Ebay before I can screw it down.

14272490407_1127169a59_c.jpg
DSC_0457 by couzens1989, on Flickr

Petrol Blue 182.
Ta guys, need to get new header tank and power steering reservoir. Letting the bay down massively.

Petrol Blue 182.
Yesterday I finally managed to get the linkage sorted out. I say I, it was actually Mike again.
After temporarily losing reverse we managed to get the gears aligned perfectly.

Whilst we were there Mike had a look at the exhuast and its positioning, managed to get it sitting a little better, but could probably do with a new hanger.

Had a couple of bits delivered this morning, my de-cat finally arrived after being mucked about with, I can now sort out the sodding blow!
Also had a set of sportlines delivered from a member off here, Blighty. Very good seller, springs arrived from Newcastles in less then 24 hours. Top work!

14324827598_05cb027c89_c.jpg
DSC_0466 by couzens1989, on Flickr

14510047504_38ed8651dd_c.jpg
DSC_0465 by couzens1989, on Flickr

Managed to source a set of silver dash stips off ebay for 99p. Save me having to spray mine.

It seems to be coming along nicely.

Things to do:

Sort exhaust blow - Parts here need to fit.
Paint inlet manifold silver and get a engine cover - DONE
Turinis
New exhaust mount
Clean up the headlamps
Gear linkage adjustment - DONE
Car park dinks
Eibach springs - Parts here need to fit
Dash strips back to silver

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Great to see some parts arrive Ryan... at last! :)

I put a new rear hanger on mine last week.. cheap as chips brand new!

Petrol Blue 182.
Like your plans!!

Out of interest, does the decat use more fuel? Any negatives? Cheers

I ran one on my Ph1 and didn't really notice a difference in fuel, or performance for that matter. I only went for a de-cat as it's cheaper then a replacement cat!