ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked screen after trying to fix water leak..

Renault Clio 182
Hi,
After attempting to remove my window wipers to try see if the drainage holes are blocked I managed to smash my window after following a picture on here of someone trying to lever them off.

Does anyone know how much around about the window will cost to replace on a 182 as I don't have windscreen cover.

Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£££ if you have the rain sensors!!

If you just go for a basic screen, we paid £117 last week fitted inc vat.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
LOL, sorry. I had a screen fitted on my old 306 for £50 cash, would imagine a 182 will be £150+

Titanium 182
I did this on my last car, rang insurance added w-screen cover then claimed 3 weeks later.

Don't cry at me, couldn't care less.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
That bloody photo! I nearly followed that photo but then realised it would probably go wrong as above. Ouch.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You have to be a bit of a special breed to try and lever something against a sheet of glass.

What exactly were you expecting to happen? ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
JW_HALFORDS_KEITH_V2_636_398_s_c1.jpg

Clio 1.2 16V
Had mine replaced on the 1.2 for 170 (rain sensor too) ring around local windscreen fitters. Autoglass wanted 400 and that was with "discount" lol...

Titanium 182
To be fair when I cracked mine, it pressed on the scuttle panel near the bottom. The screens go down under the top of the scuttle a lot further than you'd think.

Renault Clio 182
To be fair when I cracked mine, it pressed on the scuttle panel near the bottom. The screens go down under the top of the scuttle a lot further than you'd think.

Exactly right, I didn't realise the windscreen went down that far under the scuttle panel. Well thats a mistake I won't be making again lol

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Screen without rain sensor in pale blue =

ScreenWOSensor.gif

Screen "with" rain sensor in pale blue =

ScreenWithSensor.gif

There is also fitting kit & Seal kit that are listed for the windscreens as well as a regulating block thats needed.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Pick up a screen at the local scrap yard?
Then get someone to remove it and put it in your car?

Cost me £20 for the windscreen and then £50 to remove and fit. Jobs a good one.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Sorry but I cant help but laugh at you using a bar on your windscreen. Use a puller tool to pull the wipers off of the shaft.