ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked windscreen help

thanks to some huge lorry pulling out on me on the M1 and firing bits of brick at my car like little bullets i now have a crack just right of centre and its getting bigger :(

does anyone i can get this fixed with and how much, im in mansfield, notts, i need it doing today as i have to goto london tomorrow.

any ideas ?

Astra VXR 17/05/07
This has happened to me a few times, all you can do is claim on your insurance for a new one and pay the excess which is usually about £60, it won`t affect your policy.

Its a pain but it`s all you can do :-(

Have a look in your policy and see if you have to go to a certaqin company, Tesco is Autoglass.

Just phone them up with your policy number and they do the rest.

i rang my insurance people up and they gave me the number of the people they use, also happens to be autoglass, they are comming first thing in the morning, or so they say.

Megane225FF
Autoglass are usually good, I've had a repair done by these. £50 excess on insurance policy, but i had to take it to them, as it was a crack, not a chip, and they had to replace the whole windscreen.

hes just left, replaced the whole window, its not the greatest of fits tho, very very flush on the drivers side but abit of a gap on the passenger side, but at least i now have a nice new uncracked window.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i have a chip in mine in front of the drivers view, I was going to contact autoglass directly and pay for them to repair it, should i go through my insurance? (elephant)

i would if you can, i rang mine up and they gave me a number to ring and i sorted it all out by phone, total cost £60 through the insurance, with out doing it through them i was quoted £235 and £255. by 2 different companies, ive got a 182 btw.

i believe doing it through your insurance does not effect your no clams, etc.

Megane225FF
The claim on my new winscreen didn't affect my NCB...
They fitted mine badly 1st time, whistled like f.k over 50 mph, had to take it back to re-seal it, ok after that... vbmenu_register("postmenu_1103407", true);