ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craggy 0-100 video!

mk2 172

thats right folks, with my apprentice cameraman at my side iv done some timing, i did three runs, again on a rather icy perfectly flat country road only this time it was pitch black which was a bit worrying, i did three runs, the first was i think the quickest but my apprentice buggered up the filming and misses the 100 hitting moment through swaying around, the second was the best filmed followed closely by the third but the third i buggered a couple of gearchanges. iv turned the second into a video file. i reckon about 16.9, on a poo road with 13 stone of passenger, he he i love my motor. now all i need is someone to host it, any takers??????????

craggy

ps its about 900kb

mk2 172

i had it on ap22 before ages ago before it was chipped, ran 17.3 in the dry with joe at side of me.

now im certain i can get 15s, if i had a good launch ground, no passenger and less fuel in the dry. again iv had to set off with virtually no revs. its fast enough for me anyway!

mk2 172

you can also see how the t***s who fitted my immobiliser have left some foam hangin out the dash, theyve also took out my oil pressure bulb and my temp sensor light, fek knows how but whe they took the dash to bits the other day it all went wrong

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

nice really nice i want ur car u can have min its a 1.4 and only need new bumper front wing and new wheel good swap i think :D

um can u do a nutha vid showing rev limiter too ????

PLEASE and 1 with it showing out the window :)

MaLicE

my 2 requests and ill host em for ya :)

mk2 172

my rev counter is fekked mate, can get an out the window one assuming i can collar some during the day(its pitch black at ten past 5), im off work this week but my mates arent, you gotta see my test track, its ideal!

GR :(

they didnt send me a De-cat pipe... and i asked if the system came with a de-cat pipe and the bloke said yes!!

GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr, annoyed... so it doesnt sound very good atm :mad:

mk2 172

nothing to be proud of james!, also means ur speedo is way out or youve got a serious hike in rev limit!, mines been incresed by 300 rpm and is lucky to get 36 in 1st

mk2 172

nah mate, it probably rev limiters its way just under 40, but if i want it smooth when i see 36 or just before i go for the stick, but its pretty fluid so maybe it appears that im goin faster in 1st, i wouldnt wtry goin any faster than 37 ish in it put it that way!

mk2 172

its a litlle performance meter for measuring acceleration & stuff. quite handy for testing mods i think. havent got one though, would be nice to have

craggy

Wow! I counted 0-60 in about 16 secs - wow! Dont want to pee on the fire, but its probably more like 17 secs as the speedo will be a bit out - but Im very, very impressed! Im sure that mine isnt that quick (to the ton at least;)). Has the car ever had an engine re-build? I suspect some head work!:D

mk2 172

on the rollers it was within 1mph at 100. still on standard suspension, wheels etc, it does move a bit doesnt it mate, i dont think its had a re-build, wait til i get it done launching at 3.5k with no passengers and no fuel(harldly any then) im gonna see 15s;)

Well, even more respect to the already respect-laden, cult icon that the Williams is! 0-60, bhp and so on never tell the full story! Im also a fan of the 16v, 106 GTi and 205 GTi 1.9 - but anyone who ever tries to tell me that their Pug is quicker than a standard Williams will get immediate reference to this video!

mk2 172

its not boggo mate, its de-catted exhaust and chip. not exactly big power hike mods tho. it was nearly as quick standard, 0-100 was about a second slower, still a lot lower than book figures

mk2 172

definately not mind at all mate, theres gonna be more to come hopefully, will hopefully be comparing the williams against an elise and scoob. there is a 0-60 one too mate a couple or one page down. still annoyed with audiotech for leavin that foam hangin out and duffing a bulb will have to see to that later, the willys like a fine wine, gets better with age

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Thanks mate.

BTW- Dont know whether you know but Ive got a Williams 2 for breaking, so anything u need let me know.

Cheers

Paul (mailto:paul@infinicar.com">paul@infinicar.com)

mk2 172

its between high melton and cadeby in donny, use it for all my organised races, flat as f**k and not a car or copper in sight!

mk2 172

its a shame jons is faster than a stock one, reckon i wouldnt be too far behind a stock one off a rolling start

Well John said hed pop up to mine this afternoon, if he does Ill stick a message up on here (his car is in for new clutch at the minute, went in yesterday), and maybe we can meet later if your free?

Like I said it is down on power at the minute due to blowing exhaust manifold, so you might not be too far behind ;)

mk2 172

another new clutch? fek me he goes throug em, im off work mate im free all day! txt me as well if ya can cos i might not be on all day

craggy