ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crank Pully Removal...

Gay Clio 172 phs1
Upto now I have tried a 14v electric impact gun, an 18v electric impact gun and a 24v electric impact gun, a large Breaker bar and nothing is moving this bloody crank pully bolt for love nor money. Oh I've also tried an air powered impact gun but I used a small bottle of compressed co2 and there was not a lot left in it.

I have tried the breaker bar in 5th, 1st and with the brakes on *there are no wheels or wishbones on the car so its a bit of a bollock*

Is there anything else I can try to get this bloody lightened pully off???

Cro

Meg'd r27
Just get the biggest bar you can find, try using heat. Strange though that its on so tight. Its only meant to be something like 20nm + 86 degree turn

Gay Clio 172 phs1
Thats what i was thinking mate, I'll jack the car nice and high and use a scaff bar. Only problem I have with that is that its trying to turn over the engine because the wishbones are off and there are no wheels on the car its making it a nightmare... Oh and I've used heat with the impact guns lol. I suspect it has been put on with an impact gun and maybe threadlocked lol.

BMW M135i
Get someone to jam the flywheel ring gear through the hole on the back of the bellhousing with a big screwdriver save faffing if the suspension isn't complete.