ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams no.125 Turbo

BMW 535d
277ft/lbs @ 13.8 psi.

Unfortunately the injectors maxxed out. Not complaining though, its out of this world

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What was the BHP figure by the way?

And have you had the limiter set to just before it goes lean from the injectors maxing out to prevent you melting the thing?

Got a graph at all?

BG 182
Sounds like a lot of fun right there! You don't need any more than that in a fwd road car.

Cheers Ross.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ideal, no real need for any more than that particuarly IMHO in a mk1 clio, i'd settle for that quite happily.

BMW 535d
The limiter is set to 6500 and hard cut is 7200 chip

It isvery good fun to drive, really suprised at some of teh things it can do

Have added coilovers and new top mounts to the mix which have helped the torque steer. Had a wee spend up in the last week. Still, at least im not sniffing it up my nose

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah you're not spending it on cocaine which might hurt your health you're spending it on speed which might kill you, lol

BMW 535d
Updated with Graph
photo-3.jpg

BMW 535d
Basically the injectors maxxed out at 283bhp and 277ftlbs. So its currently running 13.8 psi. Very happy with the results at the boost pressure.

Maybe more to come, new tyres needed first though. Unfortunately bigger injectors will require another remap.

Possible 350 with 20psi lol?
photo-4.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you put more midrange boost in you should be able to run much more torque without maxing the injectors it's only at higher rpm where the induction stroke time base is diminished it will really struggle.

At 4500rpm those injectors will clearly be happy to do over 300ftlbs

Fitting bigger ones is a better idea though of course!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Do you have a boost controller built into the ecu as part of your instalation or are you on a manual one?

If its on electronic controlled by the ECU then he could have dialled a bit more in, but if its on a manual one they couldnt put it in just in the midrange anyway.

Plus it probably drives nicer like that anyway as with the extra midrange it just leaves them feeling flat up top.

BMW 535d
No boost controller mate no. I built the whole thing myself and again being honest I got a bit out of my depth so I just went with the whole, let the actuator do the work at 14psi. I dont even have a manual controller.

The engines over-powered teh car for sure. By the time it makes all the noise its all over and ive slapped the limiter.

My next step ECU wise, after Dave Walker tickled my fancy with the idea, would be to use the rest of the K6's features. Apparantly it can do mad things like in 1st gear only allow 'x' boost, 2nd gear 'y' boost and 3rd gear 'z' boost.

Got teh software to do it, just need the hardware to take advantage of it

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Best boost control IMHO is to have it related to throttle angle :)

Definately worth takin dave walker's advice on how best to use the emerald though, as obviously he knows it better than anyone.

Williams20V-306BHP
Yet another boosted Williams on Daves rollers. Good work!! Looks like a nice install you have there!

what was traction like on the rollers? i remember last time we had to sit on the sus turrets to get traction :)

Flan

BMW 535d
Yet another boosted Williams on Daves rollers. Good work!! Looks like a nice install you have there!

what was traction like on the rollers? i remember last time we had to sit on the sus turrets to get traction :)

Flan

Yea same for me too mate. He even mappedit in5th! Had his lad jon standing on the n/s pillar and me leaning on the o/s.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He really should just get some decent rollers that pull you down into them, 3rd gear and normal road tyres on a dyno dynamics setup is fine for 400bhp.

BMW 535d
You are probrably right chip, but if his rollers are doing a good enough job as-is, surely a RR is thousands in lay out

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes mate, loads of money, so can see why he wouldnt want to shell out, as he'd then have to put his prices up to compensate I guess.

Im sure it can be long now though (with the way power is increasing so much in general) before it just gets to the stage where he's seeing so many cars he cant properly load up on his rollers that he simply has to take the plunge and either get new rollers or modify the ones he has (or more to the point how cars are strapped down into them at least)

BMW 535d
Ok so a small update is the car is currently with Hayward and Scott having a turbo back exhaust made

Will be picking up the JC5 128 box from scrooge on the weekend and will give it to Mark Fish to rebuild for me complete with quaiffe LSD

Had a chat with redline tuning today aswell. I dont want to drive all the way to Norfolk to get the car remapped after the new exhaust and the turbo sucked insomething :(

Complete with some 550cc injectors too now...

Will get some pics of the Hayward and Scott exhaust. Very much looking forward to collecting the car

For Chips benefit it had a GT28RS60 on it

Now has a T28, same hot end, cossie 4x4 cold end, wet bearing. SO its less laggy by a small margin, probrably wont make the same power though

When disaster struck
Already tagged

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That links goes to this:

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Facebook privacy settings maybe?

BMW 535d
Gotta give the turbo credit, it was still producing 5-6psi lol

Luckily my chargecooler intercepted the debris and no damage internally was done :)

Chip what do you make of going from a rolling bearing to a non roller out of interest

Current update, Hayward and Scott just rang me, they took my car for a test drive and it broke down lol. (the coilpack plug fell off :D)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I dont think at a relatively modest power level like yours there is much gain from a roller TBH mate.

BMW 535d
It is lol

That happend last weekend and I worked the entire weekend repairing it. Theres a chap I know who i bought the new turbo off on Satruday afternoon, spent all day Sunday repairing it and dropped it off to Hayward and Scott the next day.

A 3inch turbo back into 2.5. Ian just rang me and said its ready to collect.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hayward and Scott are the business, did my mates exhaust on his 700bhp escos and it was a work of art.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Was an intresting read, although finished on a tad of a downer :(

Not a great one but heres a pic that was taken of yours at the last north weald meet

0fa8f8f1.gif

BMW 535d
I do love the rat look of my Williams

She went down Santa pod making fools of some big hitters looking like that. Most amusing I must say

BMW 535d
Thats what I mean. Its very dirty all the time, I rarely clean it and complete with the turbines currently fitted to it, it enuinely looks like a right old piece of s**t

Ive never heard a bad review of Hayward and Scott, hence choosing them. Hopefully it will help freeing up some horses