ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash in the CUP!

Cup 172

Managed to put the car into a dry stone wall this afternoon on a country road.:( Came over brow of hill and road bends to the right applied brakes, car locked up and skidded on a large patch of grit onto some leaves and into the wall. Has caught Bumper, Healight, Wing and Bonnet and has mullered the alloy. Think the alarm is playing up as well because every time I lock it, it just gives a constant beep tone.

Main thing is that me and my brother are okay and no-one else was involved, bit of a shame though, Ive only had it 3 months.:(

Lee

BMW M2C

Sorry to hear that mate.

Id get ready for the usual ABS comments now though. :(

All these crashed cups are making it a rare care though. ;)

Cup 172

It shouldnt be too big a job its mainly cosmetic. Car still drives straight and its sorted out a squeak from the dashboard also, so its not a total disaster.;) I have 6 years no claims bonus unprotected with Norwich Union. Does anybody know how much Ill lose? Its not the whole lot is it?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Not another one !! forget all the ABS jokes.. really sorry for you mate.

Cups are becoming somewhat rare as the days go on..

Lee

BMW M2C

You wont loose any NCB, but they will still hit you for more next year anyway. You can make 2 claims before you loose any.

Lee

BMW M2C

Oooops, sorry my bad, misread it I thought it was protected. I really should pay more attention :oops:

Clio Dci

i arse ended a golf last year. i was in the same position as you insurance wise. 6 years unprotected. went up from 950 to 1250 so its not the end of the world, that was adding a magnex too.

repairs cost around 2000 ish but total insurance cost was 8000. hit a 8 month pregnant woman. even the baby came out with a collar on.

then when insurance was due i got a 10 month policy to help build up the ncb again.

best of luck anyway mate :)

Clio Dci

yeah but they will fall to bits anyway, its just that us evolved cup owners are helping them on the way.

by the way if you want my low millage engine its still in the shed ;)

and i dont mean the cup

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

im gonna start a business reparin cups!!

No seriously sorry to hear it mate, glad you ok an all that! Always best when the major damage is to your pride!

VaVa

Blimey theres been a few of late hasnt there?? Sorry to hear youve had a bump lad, as long as you and your kid are ok, thats all that really matters.....

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

youll loose 3 years ncb. I had 6yrs unprotected when i wrote my mk1 172 off, Now down to 3yrs.

As said before as long as everyone involved is ok, thats all that matters.

Gutted for you mate, these are getting rarer by the day!

Glad your ok thou fella.

It depends on youe insurance with regards to unprotected NCB, with mine you lose 2 years and with the Mrss its 3 years so check your policy.

Why oh why dont you lot protect your NCB! It costs feck all and is good piece of mind as you have to work hard for those NCB!

172, Tiguan

Feel for you mate.

Hopefully get sorted out asap, if its only cosmetic then dont worry itll get straightened out.

E36 323i coupe

Sorry mate - hard luck. Might leave mine in the garage until the France trip in order to keep it safe from the Cup jinx out there!

Remapped derv Golf

There is a cup jinx lately isnt there? are they deathtraps or something?

Ive PMd you regarding the alarm problem with what I did with mine.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

youll only lose two years Noclaims.......

NCB goes up to a maximum of 5 years,. so youll have 3 years left

bloody hell not another one, theyre going to be rarer than Williams soon ;) Im still without my baby, two weeks now since the curb incident. Hope you dont get a Ka courtesy car like me, horrible little things.

Quote: Originally posted by MIKE-CUP on 28 February 2004

Managed to put the car into a dry stone wall this afternoon on a country road.:( Came over brow of hill and road bends to the right applied brakes, car locked up and skidded on a large patch of grit onto some leaves and into the wall. Has caught Bumper, Healight, Wing and Bonnet and has mullered the alloy. Think the alarm is playing up as well because every time I lock it, it just gives a constant beep tone.

Main thing is that me and my brother are okay and no-one else was involved, bit of a shame though, Ive only had it 3 months.:(
Ill not come out with any ABS jokes as i doubt it would have helped...

What it does sound like is that you were going too fast for the road, i would probably expected that even with ABS you would have still lost the car on the corner... hopefully you will learn by this experience and put it down as one of those things that happens, ie like consider the road conditions and whats around the corner (no pun inteded)

Tony

Cup 172

What it does sound like is that you were going too fast for the road, i would probably expected that even with ABS you would have still lost the car on the corner... hopefully you will learn by this experience and put it down as one of those things that happens, ie like consider the road conditions and whats around the corner (no pun inteded)

Tony
Absolutely. I think this is a polite tap on the shoulder from the powers that be to tell me to take it easy. The lesson has been learned and more care and forethought is the order of the day.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Isnt it a requirement that you crash at least one car before you find the limits of the car and settle down (driving wise) ?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by MIKE-CUP on 01 March 2004

Tony
Absolutely. I think this is a polite tap on the shoulder from the powers that be to tell me to take it easy. The lesson has been learned and more care and forethought is the order of the day.
Quite right. Been there, done that, learned my lesson too.

Clio 197

I am a dry stone waller
All day long I dry-stone-wall
Of all appalling callings
Dry stone wallings
Worst of all.

sorry to hear this. I crashed my dynamique on thursday :oops: also on a corner... i blame the w**k contis.

Bumper>> just comes with primer on it (white)

alarm>> just pull the wire out of the switch under the bonnet and insulate it with some black electrical tape - must not touch the body of your car or it will just earth it.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

lol.. you should try and use the same colour insulating tape as the wire you are insulating.. but no, technically it doesnt really matter.