ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash!!

Audi RS4
Well,after 12 years of accident free driving I finally managed to have a bump!
And a feckin strange one too.....
I was coming up to a set of lights that had just turned green,while the car in front set off.Then....she got about 20 yds and stalled!!(she says she put the car into 4th rather than 2nd!)So I had to hit the brakes but with the roads as they are I skidded straight into her.
The good thing is no damage to engine bay or radiator,its all just bumper,grill and lights,and I'm going to claim my non-existent cup splitter was ruined!:rasp:

View attachment 1354View attachment 1353View attachment 1352

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
Hope it gets sorted quickly mate, thankfully damage doesnt look too bad, but is still an arse to get everything sorted!!!

Audi RS4
Cheers,insurance company have been great,gotta take the car to the repair centre tomorrow,the get a courtesy car.
Bint in front is going to try for a whiplash claim too I think.
I had to run her up to the hospital after the bump!And she only lives around the corner from me too!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Wow.. that looks exactly the same as my bump, only on the other side!

Photo-0363.gif

Does Tcut out quite well though..

CarPics002.gif

Cost me just over a grand to get it all fixed.

CarPics008.gif

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Adtmits, yep.. it was mostly just graves and scuffs.. but i needed the bonnet bent back into shape, new bumper/grill and new headlight casing as the plastic clip/bolt broke. and then all had to be resprayed

Audi RS4
Bubbles said:
Adtmits, yep.. it was mostly just graves and scuffs.. but i needed the bonnet bent back into shape, new bumper/grill and new headlight casing as the plastic clip/bolt broke. and then all had to be resprayed

What did you hit??

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Beware of your approved repairer, they are so because they are cheap.

Get to see some of their work before you commit your car..................

Or take it to a recommended body shop ie forum member recommended.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I had mine done by the Renault bodyshop.. there fantastic and know the colour well

106 GTi
Chris - Hope you get it sorted soon.

Bubbles - Looks a good job on yours - but the two missing black bits in your front valence give away the fact yours has been fixed/painted.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Rjay... there extras that dont come on the "bumper kit" when you buy a new bumper.. i can put them back, there just sticky bits of black plastic, but there £30! just havent got round to getting them yet

Megane Mk4
g40steve said:
Beware of your approved repairer, they are so because they are cheap.

Get to see some of their work before you commit your car..................

Or take it to a recommended body shop ie forum member recommended.

I can recommend the place ... Wifey works there :D
She met him today too lol
dont worry, she'll make sure the lads treat his car very nice indeed

;)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
wouldnt worry about the whiplash claim, shouldnt affect you much (values of claims dont tend to matter much when taking out a new policy)

gold 182 looks great, kinda makes me want one that colour!

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
Bubbles said:
Rjay... there extras that dont come on the "bumper kit" when you buy a new bumper.. i can put them back, there just sticky bits of black plastic, but there £30! just havent got round to getting them yet

*falls over* £30!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

do yuo know if they come as a pair, as i only need one lol

Tom

Lee

BMW M2C
adtmits said:
bloody hell that t-cut is an impressive result!!
Tell me about it, I did it!! Was barely noticeable other than the cracked bumper.

Still missing the vinyl inserts though. The black bits aren't plastic, it's just a sticker that folder round. You got the chipping on the bonnet sorted yet?

Hope you get it sorted Chris.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Lee.. yes, i went back to the bodyshop on monday and they had a look at it. there going to re-spray it for me and put that plastic film on that Jeremy has.. they were really helpful.

Still need to get the little black inserts :(

Lee

BMW M2C
Bubbles said:
Lee.. yes, i went back to the bodyshop on monday and they had a look at it. there going to re-spray it for me and put that plastic film on that Jeremy has.. they were really helpful.

Still need to get the little black inserts :(

I wish I'd had some of that put on. I've just washed mine and noticed a fresh chip, but it's near the Renault Diamond so it wouldn't have had film there anyway.

Also got a cracker on the bottom of my door. I heard it happen the other night. At least I can get touch up paint from Halfords for this one.