ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash :(

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
***** magnet with the mini is always nice.. yeah i thought i fancied something else but i dunno there just isnt anything that i really want, i like V6's and elise's ect but just dont feel that i need one.

plus i've got about 3k's worth of stuff for a mini sat in my garage now!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Just browsing Pistonheads and no where else, you have plenty of choice in Mini's and some of them are absolute beauts :)

Would that 06 one you mentioned be a 'Mk2' with a Turbo? I thought they came in at 56...? I'm probably wrong though hehe.

Dan

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yeah there are plenty for sale.. kinda tempted by a GP but its a lot of money for a 2 seater mini!

06 will be a very late supercharged one which i want still mainly for the noise! :)

Turbos.
Unlucky dude... although at least you didn't crash on track and have to pay the total amount yourself unlike me ;)

Shame as it was a nice looking Mini!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Unlucky dude... although at least you didn't crash on track and have to pay the total amount yourself unlike me ;)

Shame as it was a nice looking Mini!

thats the one thing that puts me off a track day, crashing and having to fork out for everything!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
yeah there are plenty for sale.. kinda tempted by a GP but its a lot of money for a 2 seater mini!

06 will be a very late supercharged one which i want still mainly for the noise! :)

Ah awesome, I prefer the supercharged ones too, and the Mk1 body looks loads better. I wouldn't go for a GP - I think they're too much money and apparently (I've never driven one though) the ride on the road is waaaaay too hard.

Dan

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yeah i bet there pretty crashy on the 18" run flats, though mine was a really hard ride with it being lowered and the 18's but it didnt bother me, made the missus's 11 month old throw up all over my leather seats though :dead:

Just seen this, i'm gutted for you bud. I'm not a fan of new shape mini's that much:eek: but I can see that you spent a fair bit on yours & made it look great, I loved the mods you did to it:)

14k - you gotta go for a vee ;)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
as much as i'd like a vee i dont think the insurance would be too kind.. 22 with 2 years no claims now and a crash :(

how much does a crash change things anyway? before i had 4 years no claims and a clean licence and was paying £960 i think

^ i'm not sure tbh, never had to go thru all that (touch wood) It might be worth doing a few online quotes to see how much more they come out as.

If you had four years ncd, could you have protected that ? Or it is five years you need ?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
needed 5 years to protect it which was due in december.. doh!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Aww that's a real shitter :( Admiral let me protect mine at 4 years.

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Oh, erm, sorry dude :( Just pretend I was lying :) If it helps I'll tell you I just made it all up?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
lol cheers... meh fook it whats done is done now!
sending everything off so hopefully i should be pimpin' round in a white cooper S on 18's shortly :)