ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed into my car & done a runner...

clio mk2
woke up to this on friday morning....:mad:

DSC02482.gif

DSC02484.gif

DSC02483.gif

...parked outside my house on a quiet street. needless to say they didnt stick around...:mad:

Nothing at the mo :(
know how ya feel mate, in 1 week i got 2 marks on my rear bumper from parking in the street near my work, really fking annoys me

clio mk2
lol am fkin raging mate! neighbour about 5 doors down has footage of it on their cctv, sadly cant make out their reg!

120d M-Sport
Gutted for you matey :dapprove: Bunch of tossers. Least they could have done is leave a note!

My mates MG ZT was parked one night and my mate seen some guy do a turn and hit his MG but hit all the side of it, took the mirror off, damaged both doors and wing and scratched all down the side and took off with my mate running after him down the road but he sped off. It still isnt fixed to this date due to losing his job.

Sorry to rant but people that do this shouldnt have cars if there going to hit and run.

Hope it doesnt cost much to sort pal! :)

BMW M135I
lol am fkin raging mate! neighbour about 5 doors down has footage of it on their cctv, sadly cant make out their reg!

at least you got some details, my car was in same situation from a pissed up driver, police didnt even check cctv for me or interview a car that was with them that shot off before they came, they did nothing what so ever so i questioned them myself in which one didnt know about it and said his friend was driving so i questioned him and then the other turns round and tells me why he hit my car (because he was pissed) so much for not knowing eh?

its annoying though when they do it, you tried getting the police involved to try make a clearer shot of the plate? might have better resources for it

clio mk2
Gutted for you matey :dapprove: Bunch of tossers. Least they could have done is leave a note!

My mates MG ZT was parked one night and my mate seen some guy do a turn and hit his MG but hit all the side of it, took the mirror off, damaged both doors and wing and scratched all down the side and took off with my mate running after him down the road but he sped off. It still isnt fixed to this date due to losing his job.

Sorry to rant but people that do this shouldnt have cars if there going to hit and run.

Hope it doesnt cost much to sort pal! :)
g-sus! and im moaning about a scrape lol

it might even be a write off yet, it def needs a bumper, wing, mirror, headlight (all mountings snapped) & possible door. plus its pulling to the left now. all that plus labour.. car is only worth £1500 - £2k!

Last edited:
  clio mk2
at least you got some details, my car was in same situation from a pissed up driver, police didnt even check cctv for me or interview a car that was with them that shot off before they came, they did nothing what so ever so i questioned them myself in which one didnt know about it and said his friend was driving so i questioned him and then the other turns round and tells me why he hit my car (because he was pissed) so much for not knowing eh?

its annoying though when they do it, you tried getting the police involved to try make a clearer shot of the plate? might have better resources for it
cops have seen footage, im waiting for them to call me back as they have make, model, colour.

looks like a woman driver from the vid, plus i think she panicked cause she done a ten point turn trying to get away!

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Gutting mate ive had mine hit several times and borking in to i ended up renting a garage to keep it in at night!

Oil Burner
cops have seen footage, im waiting for them to call me back as they have make, model, colour.

looks like a woman driver from the vid, plus i think she panicked cause she done a ten point turn trying to get away!

If you know what make model time it is, find another point she will have driven past which has cctv and see if you can get reg from that one.

BMW M135I
g-sus! and im moaning about a scrape lol

it might even be a write off yet, it def needs a bumper, wing, mirror, headlight (all mountings snapped) & possible door. plus its pulling to the left now. all that plus labour.. car is only worth £1500 - £2k!

cant see it been that much, mine was 1500 for new front wing, headlight, grill, bumper and wheel alingment (and all that needed replacing one he got it to his garage he couldnt see before) and mine was undrivable, cant see you been nowhere over a 1000 tbh

Set of basterds! Was gonna say it would polish out until I saw the crack :dapprove:

Still, chin up, should be a cheap/easy fix with parts from eBay/scrappies, you can replace them yourself.

320d
b******s. Sorry to see thart mate. It puts me off buying nice cars in the future because they just get wrecked.

Someone scraped my bumber in a carpark last week. I wasn't impressed. No note of anything of course which made me realy mad.

I once reversed into a neighboors car, was late for work not concentrating, and I appologised and offered to pay for the damage, not that there was much but anyway. Its common decency that most people just don't have.

clio mk2
thanks for comments! some promising news at least...

cops coming tomorrow morning to take the video away for enhancing. the car that hit mine was a metallic orange skoda fabia, and they phoned me to say there was only 6 in this colour registered in the whole region. if no luck with the tape they are going to these addsresses! i guess all they have to do is look for one with the obvious damage if it has any!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Having been down a breakers today i can say if you find your car you'll be plesantly suprised. Manged to pick up a bonnet and bumper for £25 each, and a wing for £30 for my mates car (same as yours)

If you're willing to do the work yourself then it might not cost you much at all!

Sad to see though, hope they catch them!

BMW M135I
thanks for comments! some promising news at least...

cops coming tomorrow morning to take the video away for enhancing. the car that hit mine was a metallic orange skoda fabia, and they phoned me to say there was only 6 in this colour registered in the whole region. if no luck with the tape they are going to these addsresses! i guess all they have to do is look for one with the obvious damage if it has any!

sounds really positive for ya pal, hope it gets sorted and you get a result finding them. at least the police are helping you alot (more thn i ever got with mine)

clio mk2
well.. still nothing yet. cops are really dragging their heels. keep having to ring them and the one thats dealing with me is either not on shift or just doesnt bother ringing me back. fkin frustrating let me tell ya!

clio mk2
well...may as well let you's know... over 3 months have passed since that wife hit my car & done a runner and i get a call from the cops yesterday to tell me there is nothing more they can do as they couldnt get a reg of the cctv. and when i questioned them about the distinguishing features of the car (it was a orange metallic skoda fabia with a big white oval gb sticker on the back), they replied they couldnt go on that alone and that the nearest match was in another area/force. they then went on to say they are closing the case! just as well i didnt have much faith in them anyway!

so... if anyone sees one of these below, poss. in the stanley/durham area with a big white oval GB sticker on the back and more than likely a big scuff on the OSR bumper, then please email me the reg and whereabouts! in the meantime though, ill remain unhopeful :(......thanks!
fabia.gif

Dynamique Flamer
Unlucky mate, luckily when this happened to my bro's car outside my dad is such a light sleeper it woke him up and he saw who it was so then they had to pay

M2 Competition
Its a shame the police couldnt use ANPR, as with only 6 of those cars, one must have pinged a camera in your area at some point.

The sad thing is, that if it went to court, it would be very easy for the driver to say it wasnt me, hence why they've closed the case i assume.

Mini Cooper S sport
Yeah, by now a mate would have fixed the damage to her car, and there's just no proof whatsoever.

Gutted for you. Stupid biatch.