ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed my Clio yesterday :(

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Oh hell!!! 10/10 for rally committed air-born carnage though!

Keep the photos for the grandkids and tell them you were a stunt driver doing for a film :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Wow. Hopefully insurance don't rape you :(

Id say should've hit whatever it was but I'd be a hypocrite... Every time I see something in the road that I could hit* I instinctively slam on. Cunting reactions lol :p

*except cyclists... Moving bollards

M16a
Ouch that's a proper job. Glad to hear you and your mate are all ok.

I hit a deer about a month ago, and luckily it didn't do too much damage, only took the rear bumper off it's clips.

Only option I had was to hit unfortunately.

M135i
If you do hit an animal, does your insurance pay out? I would imagine something like a deer would make quite a mess :-/

Inferno 182
My mate hit a barn owl in is 1.2 a while ago doing about 90, turns out as the car is designed to be nice to pedestrians the entire bonnet imploded and was pretty much laying flat on the engine :/

Rusty Cup
Shortly after I passed my test i swirved to avoid a dog in the road on a really sketchy bend. The second I did I was on the wrong side of the road facing a lorry!! Just managed to pull the car back on the right side before hitting head on with the lorry. This was my first and last attempt at avoiding animals that choose to stand in the road.

Animals in the road any size or shape deserve to die (make sure your in a suitable vehicle before taking on a horse) as for people you'll need to judge each case on its own merits.

If you've decided to kill but want to limit the potential damage to your car remember to reduce your speed. Accelerating through said object whilst being cool will increase the impact force resulting in more damage.

clio 182
well thats why i never swerve to avoid snails on a damp road..

but one thing i did realise when i rolled my 182 , they are tough little b******s , so went and bought another

glad you walked away

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I hit a bird once.
Never swerve, just hit them full on - for your own safety.

Think she was about 19 or 20 at the time, mouthy bit^h IIRC.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I don't know anyone that runs snow tyres all year round in the UK..

Winter tyres are not just snow tyres.

Where I work a couple of people leave their winter tyres on all year round and have no problems at all. They are still better than cheap s**t.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Are they "winter" tyres or just "all season" / "non-performance" tyres.

Well my boss has Vredestein snowtrac 3s on all round as does my girlfriends Corsa. They perform much better than the previous crap BF Goodrich that was on before.

Another lad is running Toyo Snowprox and Hankook winters too. Most of them do it as they get them dirt cheap.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Winter tyres would have no effect on that crash. R888's wouldn't help if you were swerving at 60 mph into some bushes.

Renault Clio 3 S 1.6
None of the above is true, U didn't know the outcome of Ur actions, but U did Ur best, U escaped every tragedy, except that Ur car is bruised

RB 200
what didn't you hit?? what animal?! ... haha,

glad your alright the fella, at the end of the day your health is alot more important that the state of your car (although some will argue that ;))
whats the next step? insurance claim for a new one or just scrap it and move on?

RS Clio 182
Bloody hell!! I thought id done well to walk away with a bruised side after my off...You my friend are a very lucky guy..glad your ok pal.