ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed! Need advice on repairs.

R35 GTR
th_crackinbumperedit.gif

th_caraftercrash010.gif

th_caraftercrash009.gif

th_caraftercrash008.gif

th_caraftercrash007.gif

th_caraftercrash006.gif

th_caraftercrash005.gif

th_caraftercrash004.gif

th_caraftercrash003.gif

th_caraftercrash002.gif

th_2005_0211Airfield0018.gif

th_2005_0211Airfield0017.gif

th_2005_0211Airfield0016.gif

Looks like i need new bumper and painted.
Been quoted around £500 for the lot repaired. Or 350+vat if I supply bumper and sideskirt.

Any ideas?

Plus my radiator has been knocked off the mounts, should i try moving it back myself as I dont want to break it, it seems ok at the moment.

happened yesterday at the sw meet, lost the back end then hit the brakes, it switched back and stuck him there! it was very unlucky, as i was always sliding out of that corner!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Don't look that bad, a lot of those light scratches would compound out with a buffer.

A good body shop would sort your bumper no probs, plastic weld etc.

Get some quotes........................

R35 GTR
There is a slight dent in the door where the tree hit it i think. I lost control, fun but expensive....

Megane225FF
You need a mate with one of these pc's and that know's how to use them.
You can pick front bumper's up off ebay for £50. Never seen sideskirt's though..
Lookin at the front bumper, can it just be repaired rather than replaced?

R35 GTR
i was thinking of putting a bit of plastic underneath to bridge the gap and hold it tight together, I have no idea if it can be repaired, but apparently it can, as I was quoted £470 for the lot at crown street motors in wolves.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Your door doesn't look like it matches the wing for colour in the pic showing the side. Its probably just the light but it doesn't look right to me. That will my worst knightmare come wednesday. I just hope that they have sorted it.

al

ST on the way...
polarbert said:
Your door doesn't look like it matches the wing for colour in the pic showing the side. Its probably just the light but it doesn't look right to me. That will my worst knightmare come wednesday. I just hope that they have sorted it.

Thats renault paintwork for you.

Apparently the plasticisers in the paint on the wings does make it slightly different

almarsden said:
Thats renault paintwork for you.

Apparently the plasticisers in the paint on the wings does make it slightly different

Its not the plasticisers, its just the different surface its being painted onto, you'll never be able to match plastic with metal. even when they're painted at the same time.