ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed :(

Clio
Was going downhill very slowly in snow/ice, coming down to a 90* bend, the lorry infront stopped on the corner, so i applied my brakes abs clicking away [not that it helped].
Had two choices,
1. Try and steer around the lorry onto the pavement and hope i stop before hitting a wall or whatever was about.
or
2. Just keep on slidding towards the lorry.

Well I decided slidding towards the lorry was the way forward, as it was a populated area near a shop so there could be little kids etc and the last thing I want is to hit a kid or anyone else just because I dont want to scratch the car!
Well into the back of a lorry I go, hit some sort of metal bar on the back. Pulled over the guy comes out his lorry asked if I was ok, looked at his lorry, no damage, looked at my car and well you can kinda guess theres damage.
He didnt want an insurance details as there was no damage to his vechicle. I didnt bother asking for his details even though my car was damaged, there wasnt much point as it was something out of his or my control.

Im now left with a scratched bonnet, dislodged headlight, front bumper cracked and concaved inwards. I just hope its all cosmetic and not structual damage.
Im also TPFT so can't claim it, which is a bit of a bummer. So if someone PM's me i'll give you my address, and maybe you can come and nick my car and burn it for me?;)

On my way back I saw a police car come round the same corner skidding, hit the curb almost hitting a parked car, but he managed to save it. Both the coppers were just laughing, not a care in the world i guess as its not their car.

I guess ive learnt a lesson, so im kinda glad it happened in a way.

Last edited:
  ?
Ahhh gutted for you! any pics of the damage? Hopefully it wont be too bad to fix. Accidents happen least ur ok.

*awaits peperrami to run in and ask if he was running paradas...*

ds3
awhh s**t. where abouts was this? i didnt even think the roads were that bad in bristol :( hope it can be sorted easily.

Nimbus Megane R26
Get it off the road for abit and save for some bits? get some pics up mate?

Could have been worse..could have hit somebody and knocked them down, so you chose the best option imo!

Ahhh gutted for you! any pics of the damage? Hopefully it wont be too bad to fix. Accidents happen least ur ok.

*awaits peperrami to run in and ask if he was running paradas...*

Paradas and snow conditions is just dumb tbf.

Shame about this Alex, hopefully get it sorted. TPFT FTL though matey.

C

Cupster

Option 3, don't drive on ice? Nah, gutted for you mate! but you made the right choice nobody wants child brain on their car!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
ABS is useless in this weather, I find it better to pump the brake pedal while engine braking.

Gutted for you mate, but best choice out of those two IMO.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Unlucky mate, i'm lucky not to incounter many hills. Don't think there's much you can do when it goes away from you! :(

Incedently Paradas are deadly, I crashed only doing 50!

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Im also TPFT so can't claim it, which is a bit of a bummer. So if someone PM's me i'll give you my address, and maybe you can come and nick my car and burn it for me?;)

I would think about posting this and possibly use the "edit" facility provided.;)

Ph1
Never had a problem with the Parada's in this weather. Managed to breeze it out of a snowed ice'd up inclined junction my mate running stock road tyres got stuck on!

Once you skid jobs fecked. Best using the gears to slow up not the brakes

Clio
awhh s**t. where abouts was this? i didnt even think the roads were that bad in bristol :( hope it can be sorted easily.
It was down Northville Road, by the Spar just off Filton Avenue, next to The Bulldog. Ill have to take the front bumper off to see if its more than cosmetic damage.