ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaky sunroof!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
hey, the sunroof on my mk2 ph2 is very creaky! even on the smoothest of roads you will hear the occaisional creek! when on normal roads it will creek every 10seconds! anyone know how i can fix this? driving me insane!!!!

cheers
Hon

RS 200
I have this too, had it on my 2001 Ph2 and again on my 2005 Ph3. Havent bothered taking it back to the dealer, but I seem to remember reading in the summer that some people had fixed it with some grease on the latch. May be wrong though.

Chris

Oyster Card
Might be diffrent to yours and I wouldn't attempt it if it's under warrenty.
But I solved mine by peeling back the roof lining and nipping up the bolts which hold the sunroof to the frame.
They are more trouble than they're worth.

Same thing on my 2005. Going to rub some shin-etsu grease into the rubber seal and see if that works. It's just a silicone grease and normally does the job.

A4 Avant & A3
i had that on my 2002 dynamique.(kind of a knocking from the sunroof).. it was under warranty & i think there is a fix for this, as they knew exactly what it was when i mentioned it & problem was fixed straight away.
And it was fine until i had the sunroof handle replaced & it was back, and again i took it to the dealer & had it fixed.
So yours could be something to do with the actual handle.

No sunroof on a sport :) thank god!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Manual roof-
knocking is sunroof handle noise goes with sunroof open small felt pad worn on frame open sunroof and look to see were handle is from outside u will see it
Creaking is fault with frame mod kit available for this also alignment kit but if car is 2003 eariler may require new frame

Electric
creaking could be rubber strip in roof fell out normally comes out if u pull the headlining down at bck of sunroof also may require new frame if before 2003 and mod kit available for this as well and alignment kit

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Mine was noisy - I took it back to the dealer and they fitted a "modification kit" as it must be a common problem - all done under warranty :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
On the old forum there was a guide of how to fix this with a bit of rubber from a DIY shop. I'll see if I still have it.

Golf GTI 1.8T
sorry not on my computer anymore. but I printed it out and its in my car so if I get a chance tomorrow I'll type it up for you. It's a simple guide, someone else may have it.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had mine in under warranty getting a "anti-rattle kit" fitted (04 Dynamique / electric)
Apparently it's a new seal and some sort or foam padding they put in

Lasted a fw months and came back again :rolleyes:

EvilJohn said:
Mines got to the point I may just put a 172 roof on instead, be less hassle!!

^
Can that be done?
How much would it cost? :S

"Navy" N17 TWO
Three different Renault stealerships have told me the rattle is all in the mechanism

Would greasing the runners and putting vaseline on the seals cure it?

Cheers
Trev

RS 200
Had mine done at the dealers a few months ago now, I think theres a mod to the handle or something like that in that area. Seems to be a common problem and they knew how to fix it.

Chris

Clio 1.4 16v
Take out the rattle?? Renault go to so much trouble trying to find the most annoying creak, then install it into every clio sunroof and all you guys wanna do is remove it, terrible. lol

BMW 330D
try not to use my sunroof the creaking is really annoyin!. If its a real nice day i jus take it off and chuck it in the boot!:cool:

top of the pyramid
take it to the garage and get it sorted ittl only take 10 mins for them to get it sorted all for free if you have warranty

Clio 1.4 16v
Yeh, I parked next to u when I came up the other day with my missus 2 get sum shopping, int ur salmon a ripoff!! :-O

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
The manual handle on mine creaked. Think it was the plastic rubbing together because its so tight it was well loud, I bashed it abit and used some WD-40 on the metal bits, seemed to stop it but that was like 5 mnths ago and it seems to be coming back again.

BMW 330D
think i mite try sum wd 40!. had a nice few days here and not having the sunroof open is a pain!. Yea it is a rip off mate!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Apart from the sunroof, what else can cause a rattle in the roof as mine seems to be comming from above the rear seats :S

80MPG BEEZA
Tigger said:
How could this be done ? :evil:
i heard just chopping and welding would do it then maybe drop it at a bodyshop lol, i'm gonna attack mine this weekend its been creeking for ages i thought it was the rubber and the glass rubbing so i vaselined it and still no better

"Navy" N17 TWO
I took my rear bar and seats out the other day and the roof seemed o have settled a bit
Hoping that I had almost cured the worlds most annoying noise - it has come back :mad:

If the noise is caused by the roof "flexing" what could be used to deaden it?

Clio 197
Manual sunroof are sh*t & I got it replace 3 time so far!

Any way I'm getting electric one soon:approve:

"Navy" N17 TWO
Clio G-B said:
Manual sunroof are sh*t & I got it replace 3 time so far!

Any way I'm getting electric one soon:approve:

Mine is electric - wish I had a 172 roof :rolleyes:

megane coupe+2003clio 1.2
its a new handle, was quoted £26 for the part because the car was over 5 years old

"Navy" N17 TWO
Clio G-B said:
^^ me too! lol

Does electric sunroof make a creaky noise??

It does indeed, been to Renault countless times to get it "looked at" with little or no luck

It has got to a stage where I'm thinking the creaking is comming from the roof itself;
next chance I get I'll have the headcloth down and the Dynamat Xtreme up :lolup:

I am putting Dynamat in anyway as preparation for an install so me and a mate decided to do some rattle hunting :evil:
So far so good , we have 6 rolls of on my bootlid/floor & arches and it has made a realy good improvement :hail: