ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crysis 2 DX11 [PC]

Evo 5 RS
Bang and the heat is gawn <3

p1010097z.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Good stuff, what GPU blocks did you go with, EK?

I'm itching to do another watercooled build, I'm just struggling to find a reason.

JB

RB 182 Cup
I'm thinking of buying a laptop with roughly the following spec:

17.3" screen
Intel quad core i7 2860QM 2.5ghz 8mb
16gb 1333mhz DDR3 RAM
2gb ATI 6990M DX11 (Or 2gb GTX 580M)
500gb HDD 32mb cache

Would this setup be able to run Crysis 2 in DX11 at a reasonable framerate? Haven't specc'd a PC in years.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Just that I work away during the week and would like something to fill a couple of hours in an evening. That spec with some other bits is priced around 1.6k and I presume is quite hard/expensive to upgrade?

So maybe an uber desktop and cheapo laptop just for films/internet is the way forward then.

So yeah. I've now played this three times. Once on PC in DX9 right through to the final battle. Once on PS3 in 3D right through to the final battle, and now once through in DX11 on PC and finally finishing it.

Completely awesome game. Properly brilliant. The end battle was a small let down, but that's often the case. The ending in the context of the whole Crysis story was amazing. Love it!

I can imagine that the console boys who do not understand the background, are missing something.

They call me Prophet. WIN!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Please don't buy that. It's undoubtably expensive. Won't last 6 months

Gaming laptops are pretty much the worst idea ever. Although yes, that should run Crysis 2 at a fair old lick.

Just that I work away during the week and would like something to fill a couple of hours in an evening. That spec with some other bits is priced around 1.6k and I presume is quite hard/expensive to upgrade?

So maybe an uber desktop and cheapo laptop just for films/internet is the way forward then.

I will fly the flag for PC systems and justify the expense to anyone who will listen. But the sole exception for me is with 'gaming' laptops. They are a bizarre creation imo. By being focused on gaming, their very exsistence needs to have an upgrade path. Whether or not you choose to upgrade is entirely down to you. But when that upgrade option is severely limited by housing everything in the chassis of a confined laptop - you rapidly find yourself stuck with the hardware it currently comes with.

They are usually very large too - coupled with the fact that they need plenty of juice to power them - so the large battery pack adds to the weight. For the money, I'd rather have a decent desktop and chuck the rest at a netbook/entry-level laptop...

D.

Yup. Expensive. Hot. Noisy. Out of date in a year. Never really that good to begin with.

Laptops are meant to be quiet and easy to live with.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I recently bought the remastered version of the first Crysis game using the Crysis 2 engine.

It looks very pretty on the 360 but it's boring as hell. I thought the mindless waypoint-chasing with limited options was a Crysis 2 problem; it's not.

The combat's decent though, but the AI's as dopey as Crysis 2's... which you'd expect anyway, given it's the same model.

It's certainly not the game everyone salivates over, IMO.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The AI is as dopey as you can get, but the waypoints aren't as linear as you'd think, you can go off the track within reason.

Evo 5 RS
I recently bought the remastered version of the first Crysis game using the Crysis 2 engine.

It looks very pretty on the 360 but it's boring as hell. I thought the mindless waypoint-chasing with limited options was a Crysis 2 problem; it's not.

The combat's decent though, but the AI's as dopey as Crysis 2's... which you'd expect anyway, given it's the same model.

It's certainly not the game everyone salivates over, IMO.

Welcome to 2007, enjoy your stay. Stick around for the launch of the 360. In just a few years, you'll be playing games like the one you see here

(only it won't look half as good as this)
crysis2011040421590319.jpg
crysis2011040421485806.jpg

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Is there a feature of the Nanosuit that stops you mindlessly following waypoints all day?

Scone: The re-released version uses the new engine, so that's not really a decent comparison.

You're a Fallout 3 fan, right? Did I ever tell you about how I was having a conversation with a person who was on fire? LOL!

Crysis isn't perfect. I agree the AI is questionable at times.

FYI if you played Crysis on a 360 then you will also have been missing out on what made the game so great. Incredible graphics and mental physics. Although I suppose physics don't make a game either. Right? It's a wonder you don't still play Manic Miner IIRC. Or GT5.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I agree. Charging in with a suit-boosted sprint, then quick changing to 'Maximum strength' and doing a Chuck Norris chin move on some unsuspecting Korean. Quality.

D.

Evo 5 RS
Is there a feature of the Nanosuit that stops you mindlessly following waypoints all day?

Scone: The re-released version uses the new engine, so that's not really a decent comparison.

Cry Engine 3.0 is just an optimised version of the Cry Engine 2.0 to cater for xbox/ps3, there are no major differences mate..

All they've done is added a s**t load of HDR to cover the low-res textures and draw distance. Crysis was a show case for what was possible 4 years ago, take that away from it and you've basically got your basic shooter with slightly more freedom

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nanosuit elevated it above basic shooter for me. It opened up so many tactical possibilities. It was also better than the simplified Nanosuit 2, and had less energy so you couldn't hide like a f4nny as much as you can in the sequel. Stringing combos together and pwnting KPA was epic. Still is.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Dull game. No idea why all you relics bang on about it.

And in the re-released console versions using the Crysis 2 engine, apparently the AI is better. Jesus.

The AI was improved years ago in a patch. Didn't make a massive difference but hey. Talking to burning people is obviously the pinnacle of AI.