ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crysis 2 DX11 [PC]

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My recent years have been:

6800 GT
8800 GTX (card actually died)
ATI 5770 (temporary purchase ^ as a result of that dying)
580 GTX SLI

1.5 AFAIK

Didn't know there was a 3GB version TBH.

EDIT: Mental. Only needed to drive 3x 2560x1600 or something daft surely?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
TBH it's been quite annoying, getting hold of the 580s in Watercooled format was a nightmare, especially one after another. They then very shortly after that brought out 590, then 590 watercooled, then 3GB versions of 580 & 590 (both formats).

Yeah well it's always advancing. I only worry when I start losing frames. Not bothered about having the lastet overkill.

Evo 5 RS
this is why I normally hold off from watercooling gpus. Or used to as used to get trade and upgraded every 5 minutes lol

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Only one? Alright..gaayyyyyy.

Following this advice, one is clearly better than two.

Que the recent addition to my computer..

img2011063000300.jpg

Excuse the very poor picture, poor cable management etc.

I literally stuffed it in on my lunch break, and had to leave it at that for now!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep, sleeved SLI bridge, lol.

Tbh the pics don't do it justice, it's MUCH better looking in the flesh.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yes R3E, spec:

Corsair 800D Case
Corsair AX1200 PSU
ASUS Rampage III Extreme Motherboard
Intel i7 950 CPU
12GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz Memory
Corsair Airflow & Airflow Pro Memory Fans/LED Readout
2 x EVGA Hydro Copper 2 FTW 580 GTX (Watercooled) SLI
Creative Labs XFi Titanium Soundcard
2 x Corsair Force 120GB SSD HDDs
2 x Western Digital 150GB 10,000rpm Raptor HDDs
2 x Western Digital 1TB HDDs
LG Blu-Ray Reader/Writer
Lamptron FC5 V2 Fan Controller
XSPC 360mm Radiator
EK Supreme HF (Nickel/Plex) CPU Waterblock
EK Rampage III Extreme Motherboard Waterblock (Nickel/Plexi)
4 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Fans (1450rpm)
iandh Stealth Reservoir 225
Laing D5 Pump with Bitspower Mod Top (V2)
Bitspower Compression Fittings
Tygon R3603 Tubing (Clear)
Feser One Fluid (Red)
XSPC LCD Water Temp Readout
MDPC-X Black Sleeved Cables
MDPC-X Screws, Fixtures & Fittings etc

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep and it's been fine tbh, even when the temps outside were 30c under gaming the highest the water temp got was 42c (GPUs around 50/55c) so still cooler than none-watercooled components. If it turned out to be a problem I've got plenty of space for adding a Mora3 (external radiator)

Nothing wrong with Feser One so far, but I've only been running around 6 months, what else would you recommend? I didn't know whether to get a kill coil or not.

Yep and it's been fine tbh, even when the temps outside were 30c under gaming the highest the water temp got was 42c (GPUs around 50/55c) so still cooler than none-watercooled components. If it turned out to be a problem I've got plenty of space for adding a Mora3 (external radiator)

ohh, those are damn nice temps!
i'm running the same case & cpu, but i don't have the mobo cooled (but do have a 5850 cooled) and get a few C under yours, i want new res/pump though (running xspc dual bay inc pump).

when i get a job i will certainly be doing something similar!

i was using FluidXP (dyed) and built it in November, yesterday i changed over to some ThermoChill EC6 and different tubing as i felt it needed changing and found my CPU block to be gunked up from the dye seperating, no doubt the GPU was the same but i didn't take it apart like i did the CPU block! Apparently you can leave this stuff for up to 2 years without needing to change it, though it'd never get to be that long :p I just hear bad things with Feser One so just keep checking it your CPU block to see if you notice anything!

Evo 5 RS
feser is fine. I sold my old setup 2 years ago and the bloke came back to me the other week with it. Coolant wasn't gunked at all was quite impressed

just more compact, and was the cheaper option for my first watercooling build (plus easier)
it's not bad, but it's a little on the noisy side as the pump isn't brilliant, but it's 900lph i think so not too bad still!
my next build i will be going seperate so theyre ok for budget nothing much else :p

Gareth that PC is a work of art mate, and your camera/skills make it look even more awesome. As much as we both know it's overkill, the attention to detail and the no compromise approach is fantastic.

My current build is the best I have ever done in terms of quality of parts and cable management, but yours is on another level. I am happy that I have the ideal case for expanding to that kind of quality though. The roof is already designed to house a 3 x 120mm rad, and there is acres of space generally. I think I will add a dedicated water loop at a later date.

Hats off to you man, that is a quality PC you have there :approve:

Started on this again earlier. Finally I have the time to be able to complete it properly. The DX11 visuals are amazing in places. Love it! The sense of depth to textures is immense. The way bricks protrude form walls and all that jazz.

Personally I also still think it's a great game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Started on this again earlier. Finally I have the time to be able to complete it properly. The DX11 visuals are amazing in places. Love it! The sense of depth to textures is immense. The way bricks protrude form walls and all that jazz.

Personally I also still think it's a great game.

Might have a dabble again - now that I've got DX11 support. :)

D.

Evo 5 RS
Is worth it (suprisingly)... the little touches like debris and lighting do make it more enjoyable...some of the mid game levels let it down IMO, just break from the awesome set pieces and you're left with killing retarded aliens