ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Areas day 21.9.14

vinp182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182
Do you guys take walkie talkies to keep in touch? We do it when we go out in the mr2s, it's quite handy if someone gets lost or to warn others of anything ahead

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Do you guys take walkie talkies to keep in touch? We do it when we go out in the mr2s, it's quite handy if someone gets lost or to warn others of anything ahead
No...we tend to be relatively sensible. I will be out in the diesel...so won't be gunning it more than my 120bhp can do ;)

vinp182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182
Oki doki ... I know my way anyways if we get split up in traffic :)

see you you guys in the morning

CursedTitanium 182FF
I'm still coming, done the hub and shaft.

If anyone who is coming has a spare track rod end nut, could they bring it with them. Mine decided to strip it self.
Going to have a look in my shed for one but not hopeful.

I'll post a link to Glympse tomorrow morning.

See you all then.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I`ll be at Telford Services for around half 8....car is fully petroled????...just given it a quick wash..see you all in the morning:):):)

BG182ff,explod Focus
If anyone who is attending has a Renault Clip, could they bring it with them, I would very much appreciate it. Need to find out why my ABS light is on and the Cruise Control & ESP aren't working.

I can bring my RStuner with the ABS and airbag modules installed if that helps.

CursedTitanium 182FF
I can bring my RStuner with the ABS and airbag modules installed if that helps.

Thanks for the offer, I won't have need of the code reader any more. I changed my squib the other day and the lights are now off, might need a brake pedal switch.

What I really need is a spare track rod nut.

By all means bring your RSTuner, may be handy if anyone develops any problems.

See you all at Telford then :)

EDIT: Second thoughts, I've gotta be a chauffeur for my little sis in the morning, so I wont be around until midday :dapprove:

Last edited:
  CursedTitanium 182FF
Well!

Thanks for organising this Don, great day out. Shame about my running issues related to the plugs having a bath, but made for a good banter (Thanks to stokie4ker for the use of the RSTuner). Then there was my silly mistake to round the day off nicely.

Thanks to everyone for running blocker for me on the way home, made it to my friends house ok, gonna wait till the sun goes down to sneak back home.

Will post photos/video when I get time later.

P.S. Car's running fine now lol.

Megane r26
Well!

Thanks for organising this Don, great day out. Shame about my running issues related to the plugs having a bath, but made for a good banter (Thanks to stokie4ker for the use of the RSTuner). Then there was my silly mistake to round the day off nicely.

Thanks to everyone for running blocker for me on the way home, made it to my friends house ok, gonna wait till the sun goes down to sneak back home.

Will post photos/video when I get time later.

Typical bud, main thing is you weren't injured and your ok, the cars fixable.

I hit what looked like a kestrel in the Megane just after that, was a great day some epic roads and banter

CursedTitanium 182FF
Typical bud, main thing is you weren't injured and your ok, the cars fixable.

I hit what looked like a kestrel in the Megane just after that, was a great day some epic roads and banter

Yeah we saw your roadkill through my kaleidoscope window and swerved to avoid it lol. Car ok?

Swift Sport
Genuinely gutted for you dude. I can only hope you get it fixed without too much stress, and that it doesn't cost a fortune. Otherwise, a great day out with some good fun and nice people :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Cheers everyone for attending. It was a good laugh overall. Shame about the issue, but we said we'd cover you for the way home. As per Dan, least its not flesh and bone, so while it isn't free to 'fix' on the NHS its not as bad as it could have been.

Was a good day out, a good laugh, good banter and good company.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Was a good day out....some great welsh driving roads....looks like i even picked up a tan,which was nice....hope all made it home safe.

Swift Sport
We'll have to have another Wales trip soon, maybe an Evo Triangle mission once 1812lsd has his car fixed :)

Megane r26
Yeah I'd be up for that as long as I'm not on shift, some awesome roads be a little better if there wasn't quite as much traffic but epic still the same

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If I can get the 182 up and running...and run in, I'd be up for the Evo triangle once I'm back used to it!!! :p

Eventful is a good way to describe it!

BG182ff,explod Focus
Thanks to @stokie4ker for the use of the RSTuner.

No problem, shame it wasn't more helpful. Will have to ask Henk to produce a "Water in spark plug well" module.

Then there was my silly mistake to round the day off nicely.
I have to say, you handled that a hell of a lot better than I could have.

I wish I had never suggested pulling the plugs out to clear the cylinders. Your car might have been running rough going home but at least it wouldn't have a smashed screen and wrecked bonnet.

I saw you do a quick shimmy then saw a pile of feathers heading upwards at speed then a bloody squish on the road. Glad to hear it didn't do any damage, when I hit a peasant that walked out in front of me it wrecked the lower grill and cracked the bumper in my old Focus. On the other hand, the Magpie I hit in the Clio went through the small slit under the upper grill and left feathers and gore over pretty much everything under the bonnet without causing any damage.

Was a good day out....some great welsh driving roads....looks like i even picked up a tan,which was nice....hope all made it home safe.
You and me both buddy. The back of my neck is burning like a bugger.
But yeah, it was a great day bar any bonnet related issues.

We'll have to have another Wales trip soon, maybe an Evo Triangle mission once 1812lsd has his car fixed :)

Count me in but @Don isn't allowed to come in his diseasel.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
No problem, shame it wasn't more helpful. Will have to ask Henk to produce a "Water in spark plug well" module.

I have to say, you handled that a hell of a lot better than I could have.

I wish I had never suggested pulling the plugs out to clear the cylinders. Your car might have been running rough going home but at least it wouldn't have a smashed screen and wrecked bonnet.

I saw you do a quick shimmy then saw a pile of feathers heading upwards at speed then a bloody squish on the road. Glad to hear it didn't do any damage, when I hit a peasant that walked out in front of me it wrecked the lower grill and cracked the bumper in my old Focus. On the other hand, the Magpie I hit in the Clio went through the small slit under the upper grill and left feathers and gore over pretty much everything under the bonnet without causing any damage.

You and me both buddy. The back of my neck is burning like a bugger.
But yeah, it was a great day bar any bonnet related issues.

Count me in but @Don isn't allowed to come in his diseasel.
You leave my disease alone. It did alright today, and used a quarter of a tank for the whole journey! So there are some good sides to it.

vinp182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182
Cheers for a great day guys, thanks for being really welcoming on my first CS meet. Glad everyone made it back safe and almost in 1 piece

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Cheers for a great day guys, thanks for being really welcoming on my first CS meet. Glad everyone made it back safe and almost in 1 piece
No worries at all. We're a good bunch in the West Midlands. Glad toy enjoyed it and feel free to come to any more. :)