ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF2023?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
To be fair Anglesey and right across the Llyn peninsula seems to have its own microclimate! It’s often beautiful there, but when it’s bad it’s horrid. I’ve had many a happy day in Abersoch. Beautiful part of the world.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude about your car specifically - I mean when the sun hits one panel its like the colour completely changes, so here the wing looks like a different colour all together! Can't believe more people didn't tick that box.
It's fine haha, the plastic panels (bumpers, wings) react differently to the paint so they look a bit sh**ty unless polished correctly.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
As good as Anglesey is....

Weather is w**k 364 days a year

Its 4958472724 miles from 99% of the world

I doubt we'd get a marquee/food n s**t there far out either?

Windy

Wet

Sheep
There is a café and a food stand there, and the weather's alright in the summer.

But the rest I agree with!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
We can have a Surrey convoy and see how many Prets we can go to on the way.
Have you get @Sir_Dave involved, wonder how the X5 would do round there.

Im not sure what other realistic options there are if the aim is driving + camping. Curborough is nice, it is cheap but it is little - could change the format to timed sprints rather than all out track day but I think it all starts getting a bit serious doing one car at a time sprints.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Is it a newborn if its not yet been birthed? Unless you're importing it from somewhere? Anyway, that's a great excuse to send your Mrs on a spa day to relax and for you to come to csf and do the same 👍. Don't let 60 secs of sex ruin your life mate 😂.

I appreciate the thought!
But the Mrs loves the CSF weekend as much as me if not more, she loves the camping and social side of it all.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
@Nik realistically (while we are all talking shite) is the plan to try and do something to do with a track as well as camping etc? Would it not be less stressful to do it through MOT just at a different circuit (one of the others he has connections at) or has the relationship with MOT gone downhill after Blyton?
I appreciate the thought!
But the Mrs loves the CSF weekend as much as me if not more, she loves the camping and social side of it all.
What a result, mine would sadly not.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Absolutely! Its on my bucket list. Would require me to collect lots of brownie points to get the form signed off but its doable. Before I go to the ring Id like to rethink cars too - mini would be a laugh there but I just can't see it making it there and back with me intact.
I have some very good memories of my time over at the ‘Ring and some not so good. I’d be happy to just go there and watch the others lapping tbh. Means I can drink jäger, lager and eat pizza all at the same time. 😁

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
@Nik realistically (while we are all talking shite) is the plan to try and do something to do with a track as well as camping etc? Would it not be less stressful to do it through MOT just at a different circuit (one of the others he has connections at) or has the relationship with MOT gone downhill after Blyton?

What a result, mine would sadly not.

The relationship with MOT is still great. We discussed the other circuits they have available to them and their view is that there isn't really anywhere else that would allow us to do everything we did at Blyton. Mallory is the closest possibility but that's been discussed above. Next option could be Castle Coombe but planning limits mean small numbers of cars on track and noise restrictions. MSV Circuits generally too expensive at weekend, Croft was also discussed but limited dates and no ability to run other activities.

The single biggest issue for us accessing most circuits is that getting hold of a summer(ish) weekend date is almost impossible with racing series, track day organisers and other big clients getting priority in booking them up. Even in the case of Blyton, we were only able to go there all these years by buying a whole day off a track day organiser (which also means paying their profit margin on top!). Once Javelin, MOT and the experience day people had been given first dibs, there was nothing left for them to sell to us directly.

But fear not, we will try to find something. Me and Kirsty are taking a bit of a step back from some of the organising we normally do for the foreseeable but Ron is on the case already, and we have plenty of help to draw from I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.