ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS 15 Time Attack Karting Event!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Similar story for me at 6' 4". Already got my racing driver excuses lined up - injured my wrist a few weeks ago... more air resitance... :grinning:

We'll look like something off mario kart!

I've roped the other half into having a go too, she's never been on a go kart before which could be interesting.

Listerine & Poledo
I would so love it if CS did another karting meet.
But this time one of the big, 3hr enduro, team races.

@Sunglasses_Ron @Cub. @Nik Sorry to swerve the thread for a second, but do you think an event at, I dunno, Milton Keynes, or Seven Sisters (one of the good circuits anyway) would be doable? Hell, it could even be some sort of quasi-CS/Charity event.

Reactions: Gus
  mk1 Octavia VRS
No idea what my time was - would be good to see a list. It must have been close as @shaun442k and I are normally quite evenly matched. I reckon the hardest part of the lap was the hairpin - easy to stuff up the entry by locking up and then bog down on the exit.

I'd definitely be up for a big CS karting meet to try and defend my title! Daytona Milton Keynes is a decent venue/location.

2003 172
No idea what my time was - would be good to see a list. It must have been close as @shaun442k and I are normally quite evenly matched. I reckon the hardest part of the lap was the hairpin - easy to stuff up the entry by locking up and then bog down on the exit.

I'd definitely be up for a big CS karting meet to try and defend my title! Daytona Milton Keynes is a decent venue/location.

You cheated. You broke the track so no-one else could go faster. A'la Rosberg.

It would be good to get a list of the top 10 times. See how close it was at the top.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Rung BPDC today, @Dan 's best lap time was 8 minutes 22 seconds.

I'm going to be doing a go-karting meet soon. It'll be based in Maidenhead, Berkshire.

Not sure how many of you that is too far for but the offer is there.

Reactions: Gus

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator

You won didn't you? 38.8 seconds was your fastest lap time I believe.

Listerine & Poledo
well, I went to ask @Sunglasses_Ron about thoughts of a charity CS karting event...but forum says I'm not allowed to talk to him.

Well, that's just fine by me, I'll just go and start my own forum, with blackjack and hookers.....

...forget the forum!

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Proper karting is sprint races of about 15 minutes heats and slightly longer finals.Enduro racing is not really representative

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
What!? You mean to say you didn't win? :fearscream: :kissingclosed:

Ha- but I didnt moan like a b**ch for coming forth.... :wink:

Well done tom - when I finished at 115 you were on track & had pipped me- but after that you or your mate could have gone quicker

Pleased with second, havent raced in a couple of years.

Actually last proper race was when CS had a meet & we found out that benr1 cant drive....

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
They do a charity 24hr karting race in Le mans. They provide the kart, fuel, support and race organisation. You just have to pay 2700 to enter a team and raise some money too. :)

Evo
Ha- but I didnt moan like a b**ch for coming forth.... :wink:

Well done tom - when I finished at 115 you were on track & had pipped me- but after that you or your mate could have gone quicker

Pleased with second, havent raced in a couple of years.

Actually last proper race was when CS had a meet & we found out that benr1 cant drive....

Were you not wearing your lucky race boots this time? Or was the HANS device too much of a ballast? :tonguewink::stig:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Rung BPDC today, @Dan 's best lap time was 8 minutes 22 seconds.

I'm going to be doing a go-karting meet soon. It'll be based in Maidenhead, Berkshire.

Not sure how many of you that is too far for but the offer is there.

I think you will find I did a 40.2 second lap and I'm a bat fasterd!

If I was 80kg I would have won this not a problem!