ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Culling Season?

197 FF Glacier White
So, I've read lots about the Cup culling season.

Have we lost any yet this year??

I haven't seen any "My Cup is Dead" threads, but I may well have missed them!

I'm still using mine daily, although it's not been out this weekend, it will be out in the morning, and it's pretty bad here in East Lancs!

G

Clio 197

I'm still using mine daily, although it's not been out this weekend, it will be out in the morning, and it's pretty bad here in East Lancs!

G
do they normally die around this time of year :)? i know they dont like snow , they just spin with the slightest dab of the pedal!

i see your from baxenden .... i will keep my eyes peeled for you !

do they normally die around this time of year :)? i know they dont like snow , they just spin with the slightest dab of the pedal!

I think its due to the fact they don't have ABS lol.

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Kind of agree with Dave. The only times mine has kicked in this snow season, it has not helped at all, just made the situation worse if anything.

Then again. My situations might not have been quite as bad as some peoples!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Don't understand the "cup killing season" ABS is the last thing you want in snow and ice!

This ^

Hate abs atm, i shot out of junction coz of the fucker, braked about 100-150yards from the junction just slid right out... All i could do was turn the wheel in the direction i wanted to go dropped to 2nd and gave it some stick, ended up coming out of the junction sideways.. No ABS is so much easier..

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Fuckin selfish mk2 w*****s stealing the name :rolleyes: :mad: it's clio killing season

Bugger :S I've just jinxed myself now haven't I :banghead:

Stripped yozza'd cup
Ive said this before... Unless you're a complete tool, not having tc and abs is better in this weather.

Ive said this before... Unless you're a complete tool, not having tc and abs is better in this weather.

i agree even though i have a 182 not a cup i hate abs in this sort of weather i try to avoid using the brakes and just use the gears. got stuck behind a group of t***s yesterday who think that to get up a hill in the snow is to approach it at 10mph then and don't get nowhere. tc/esp was on and it kept cutting the power that much it kept stalling so i turned it off and got straight up the hill easily, bar a lot of wheelspin lol. now i don't even bother with tc/esp in this weather.;)

197 FF Glacier White

Yes, I know where you live!

G

Clio 172 cup
black ice nearly killed mine yesterday!! they hate snow and ice because theirs no weight to them! :(
slid into a wall and was going no faster than 10mph, the ice just took over!!!
just body damage but dont no what to do......sell damaged?? or try and find parts and repair but having no luck at the minute!
need a blue front bumper, bonet, drivers side light and grill.
dont no if its worth going through insurance or not because they put my insurance up £250 when the VTR got written off and the accident wsnt even my fault! :S
any advice to keep my 172cup going strong?????
message me if you can help in anyway.
thanks

197 FF Glacier White
black ice nearly killed mine yesterday!! they hate snow and ice because theirs no weight to them! :(
slid into a wall and was going no faster than 10mph, the ice just took over!!!
just body damage but dont no what to do......sell damaged?? or try and find parts and repair but having no luck at the minute!
need a blue front bumper, bonet, drivers side light and grill.
dont no if its worth going through insurance or not because they put my insurance up £250 when the VTR got written off and the accident wsnt even my fault! :S
any advice to keep my 172cup going strong?????
message me if you can help in anyway.
thanks

Bugger, sorry to here that.

Although, you're the first past the post it seems!

Hope you keep it alive.

G

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Fuckin selfish mk2 w*****s stealing the name :rolleyes: :mad: it's clio killing season

Bugger :S I've just jinxed myself now haven't I :banghead:
Well thats not fair, its mk1 killing season all year round they are bio-degradable IIRC ;)

Westy. MX5
I went to Norwich and back on Sunday, a 200mile round trip and no problems apart from the car being filthy. You youngsters really have to retrain yourselves to cope in snow and ice.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Exactly, i ran a cup through 5 winters, no problems what so ever. You drive to the conditions. ABS wont help in the snow.

On another note its BMW drivers i lol at, watching the news yesterday, every car that was being pushed was one ;)

ITB'd MK1
I know of a cup that locked up on a hill in Bristol, slid to the bottom until a curb stopped it, and bent the bottom arm. Thenn an hour later another car did the same and hit the abandoned cup

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That was 2 cups then yes? Well according to this forum it should have been ;)

Ibiza SC
Nope, only had my cup 2 months, bad time to jump to a 2l from a 1.2 with this weather TBH! But i'm to and from work everyday, and the only *ahem* accident I can think of that I've had is the other day intending on turning left at a mini roundabout and sliding straight on, que me flicking my indicator off and pretending that I meant to do that..

Clio 172 CUP
just got my 172 cup in augest used to have a 1.6 ford focus so it my first winter with it and i would say its the worst winder ive seen im only 20 heaviest snow fall the past couple weeks could hardley see my turinis on two occasions and real bad ice and ive been ok in the car been out in it most days just got to be carfull on the accelarator slightly too much and the wheels spin like crazy and it pulls to the left a bit and if i take a roundabout or corner a little to quick it slides like mad but apart from that the cars been ok.

LY R26
The cup has been fine for me in the snow, but like people say as long as your drive to the conditions you'll be fine :).

Clio 172 Cup
I killed my cup splitter if that counts?

Cars been spot on in everything it's been through so far, even -15oC this morning at 5am, even my washer jets where still working!!

G
using mine everyday and weve got it quite bad in bedfordshire

modified cliosport
Agree .If you drive carefully should be ok. I had water over the bonnet when I met a lorry going thro' a flood, and mine's been fine in snow and ice. (Even if it did take me six hours today to get from one end of Dorset to the other - I didn't get stuck, it was just waiting for other people to become un stuck)

350z GT
Iv lost a turini i think due to wheels locking on a massive patch of ice where some wanker decided to wash his car :S

just a bit of curbing on the drivers front...not sure if itstoo bad to be refurbed :/ ah well, small price to pay tbh x

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Mines staying on the drive for the time being.... Pimpin about in the other halfs Lupo whilst the roads are bad :cool:

Fiesta ST-3
Mines still ill which is a good thing with all this ice and bad weather. Shes been tucked up outside the house for a few weeks now.