ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Engine mounts

Hi all

Its the first time i have posted in a while, but log onto the site on a daily basis, best website ever.

I need your advice, my 172 cup is having the engine mounts replaced for the third time in 9 months, it makes a horrible knocking noise from the front drivers side, whenever i accelerate in 1st 2nd and even 3rd and release off the accelerator it makes a horrible banging noise.

How many times can they replace the mounts, what happens if they fix the problem and it happens again, where do i stand.

Can the faulty engine mounts effect the stability of the car.

I know that many members here have had the same problem, but my cup has only done 12k miles in a year and a half, how did you guys get a permanent fix.

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers.

Peddled device
Mines been in three times for this.First time they resecured some bolts,second they fitted a new engine mount,third they greased everything and tightened everything and said'"Thats just what this cars do!"

b****cks!

It is better now but l'm going to give it a few weeks to see if it gets worse and if it does then l'm going to ask for my £10.5k back simply because l bought a car with 3 years warranty and its faulty!!!!

As ever though l shall be polite.

Nippy white cup
I had a daft number of these and eventually they said they couldn`t give any more on warrenty...funny thing is not long after the engine was replace with new mounts....love it!

Chris

172 cup TT
sorry but i thought all 172's BANGED under hard acceleration in 1st.... and it was something which we just had to live with...

Are you saying that if you have the banging noise it should be sorted asap?? preferably with the bushes you have shown J3ned? OR can we just carry on with it and it wont effect the car much...

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys

One thing i forgot to mention this knocking noise happens without me thrashing the car, even if i pull away very smoothly at low revs and release the accelerator it still makes the knocking sound. Just spoke to renault london west, one of the rte guys will call me so we can test drive the car together. The service team also mentioned that someone from head office will also get in touch so he can come down and look at the car with the rte engineer.

They know its happened a few times so hopefully there might be a permanent fix

182BG
i had a simliar problem, then the whole front end of my cup makes dodgy noises, and it was the same on my last cup, maybe its me picking crap ones all the time or its just something they do

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Mine always seems like its on the pasenger side? It only does it if you completly lose traction in 1st or 2nd though.

clio 172 cup
mine is fine always has been its now 2 and a bit years old hopefully it will stay fine touch wood.i thought it was just a problem on 2002 cars and older?

I dont understand how so many engine mounts need replacing after so little miles?? Ive had the knocks from my nearly 2 years old 182 and they have only adjusted mine the once and so far so good the problems have not returned and that was over a year ago.
surely a mount cant wear as quickly as some of them are??
Do they not just need adjusting and retightening, rather than replacing them??
Obviously its up to renault whether they keep replacing them just seems like alot of times to me for 1 car!

Rob.

I know what you mean rob.

Just spoke to renault uk they have made a note of the problem, also mentioned that quite a few other members are having problems aswell. They said that if renault decide to charge me for the engine mounts, they have made a note that my dealer can't charge me which is nice of them.

The cars booked in for the 5th, dec also had a word with the service manager at renault london west, took the reg down he also wants to get involved and see if they can fix it and have one of the tehnicians from renault uk to come down on the 5th.

Fingers crossed.

I have to say my local dealer renault london west are brilliant, always willing to help and sort out problems asap it makes a change.

172 cup'd extreme
They have improved the dogbone mount with a harder rubber but the top gearbox mount needs doing too. ive been in touch with powerflex about making a full set , so far its going to be new year and around £100 for 3 poly mounts which aint bad considering k-tecs are £35 for one set

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ill put 10quid that danpl6 quid at the top of the page fixs em , its work on my car and a few people who ive recomended it to