ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Exhaust blown!!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Well after 3 1/2 years ownership im gonna have to replace the exhuast, it sounds like the centre section .... anyone got any ideas on how much a replacement will be???

Or even better recommend any hidden tailpipe aftermarket systems??:evil:

CB600FS
Theres loads of exhausts out there saves money in the long run to get a stainless system with lifetime warranty.

Check your backbox isn't coming off at the join thats where they normall go.

172 CUP
yeah middle section where it bends to attach to the rear box

mine only lasted 27k

fitted a mk2 stealth KTEC

320d
AAS in newcastle will manufacture and fit a first class stainless system for £360 as loud or quiet as you like it, hidden or exposed tailpipe

Trophy Turbo :)
AAS = GOD

Wouldnt use any one else, Speak to Stewart 0191 267 3718

make powerflow look like amatures ( cos they are LOL )

I have had a few systems fitted by these lads. over the years not ONE fault.

Megane coupe - Twin exits
Megane Cabby - Twin Exits
Mk1 172 Oval Outlet
Mk4 GTI Golf - R32 style
Impreza Full System

Awsome

Clio 172 Cup
mine went yesterday, luckily my ktec stealth and the decat arrived the day before and fitted this morning. Car is very very raspy now whn thrashed and pops(!), drive it normally still a tad loud. Apparently they quieten down once the carbon emissions react with the stainess steel.

went on the usual bend.

178hp 172 Cup
mine has ogne on the cup!! exact same place is u said too!! the car is currently off the road and on axle stands waiting for my new exhaust system and de cat!!

the old exhaust lasted 31k

A slow one :-(
Mines about to go on my Cup... will be gooing to AAS to get a full stealth stainless system fitted.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
i like the sound of this AAS place (whereabout in newcastle?)
. Mine has gone at the joint see the pic below!! It lasted 29k :dead: I have to say the magnex 6x4 is going in favour of a hidden tailpipe. What bore is best for the 172?? I've read 2.5" ... or am i talkin crap?

Havent driven the cup for a week. So far this week I've been driving round in a 1.2 punto:eek:

cupexhaust2.jpg

cupexhaust.jpg

Z4 Roadster
mine snapped in the same place. I got it welded up - they put a sleeve inside the two parts and welded it up. Job's a good'un for now. :)

I've got a stainless cat back system to put on, but not got round to it yet!