ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Front Fog Lamps

Is it possible to change the front fog light bulbs for lower wattage ones so that I can use them as driving lights whenever I want?

If so, why dont people that want to have their fogs on permanently do this, instead of risking fines from the police? - it would still look good!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

They are useless as driving lights as the light pattern is totally wrong...

Driving lamps only come on with the full beam too, they are standard fitment on a 106 GTi and they really were good!

So, in theory, even if the light pattern is wrong - I could still have bulbs in there, that will illuminate and look ok. Its just that I use my front fogs only a few times a year in very heavy fog - the rest of the time it would be nice to use them purely as a couple of extra front lights - not with any purpose except to be posey and accentuate the Cups aggressive front end!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Dont lower yourself... :cry:

No matter what bulbs you put in there, they are still classed as fog lights and as such are illegal to use unless its foggy, so youd just look like every other numpty who has their fogs on all the time!

spose, ill just leave em, it was just a thought.

If thats the legal stance on it as well I wont consider it!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye dont be a muppet..people who put there fogs on when its not foggy are idiots. and im afraid to say I see a lot of lower model clios doing this.. I think they think it makes there car look more expensive or "cooler".. in reality it just makes everyone hate them.

I have only ever switched my fogs on once, in heavy snow so that I could see the immediate road infront a bit better, but there was nobody else about.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 07 January 2004

I have only ever switched my fogs on once, in heavy snow so that I could see the immediate road infront a bit better, but there was nobody else about.
Had mine on a couple of times recently when it was foggy, thats the only time and to be honest they do f*ck all anyway...

The yellow ones on the R5 kinda work ok in fog though.