ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup handling vs 1.4 handling

Golfs
I can't believe how different/well this little Clio performs! Been totally into Golfs and anything German, but the handling on it is insane! I could be completely warped minded as I've been scudding about in a 1.9 Non turbo MK4 Golf which is the slowest most loose handling thing on the planet but this little thing is so much fun!

Bit gutless bottom end but it flipping flies after 4/5K! For the insurance price I'd be suprised if much is quicker! Handling is fun too! Understeers a tad, especially in the wet but can be corrected with a bit of lift off!

Absolutely shocked at how much I like it! I've been strictly non-French before but really quite fond of this. Automatic lights etc etc is all awesome. Build quality isn't baaaad but still always reminds me it's French and would probably cause me to sell it after I've got used to the car.

I'm not looking forward to going to a van, so how do the Cups differ suspension/handling wise? Must be differences with a 2.0 up front!

Really, really want a go in a Cup now, absolute convert!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I assume were talking 1.4 16v mk2 clio (Y plate to 2005 ish?) they handle very well out the box especially Dynamique models that get a stiffer setup than non dynamique models.

172 and 172 cup models run thicker and better design anti roll bar, everything else is uprated, springs, dampers, bushes, wider tyres, hydraulic steering rack rather than electrical assisted, so they are night and day better but the non RS is by no means bad!