ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Prices....again

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to look at a few cups at the weekend and was wondering what sort of price I should be looking to pay? I'm thinking about 5k for one in good condition with average miles is that about right? I've read the buying guide but any other tips as to things to look out for would be great :)

172 cup
Yeah, £5k is about right. Mine is a low milage 53reg, I'd value it at about £5.5k. You might be lucky and get a bargain though, especially with used car prices at the moment. Good luck

www.renparts.co.uk
ive just got one into stock, i break cars for a living and repair salvage, this one had a cold air feed low down, chap went through a large puddle and damaged the engine, fitted an engine from a 172 we are currently breaking. Runs perfect now, engine fitted by a professional garage locally, asking 3750 for it.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
172 cup. I'm happy to pay 5k as it seems like it'll be a hell of a lot of car for the money. Will have to remember to ask about cam belt changes etc as that could be another way to get a better deal :)

Yeah, £5k is about right. Mine is a low milage 53reg, I'd value it at about £5.5k. You might be lucky and get a bargain though, especially with used car prices at the moment. Good luck

How come you say that?

I Would of thought with everyone saving because of the 'credit crunch' no one will be buying a performance car?

www.renparts.co.uk
he is saying he might be lucky and get an expensive car at a cheap price with the current state of the car market, think your reading it wrong matey.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd update this, put a deposit down today so should be picking it up in a week or so :D

172 cup
Thought I'd update this, put a deposit down today so should be picking it up in a week or so :D

Have you got it yet? What year/mileage etc? Did you get a bargain? Good stuff mate, they'll be 2 in Stoke Golding when I come home now, bloody common cars ha ha!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Not yet mate, want to get rid of the punto first really, havn't really got room on the drive for 2 cars! Hoping to get it by the end of next week at the very latest.

It's a 53 plate, 55k, pretty mint condition except the odd chip which I'm not too fussed about. Got a good deal on it; well me and the seller were both happy with the price anyway :)

Haha yeh common as muck! Only ever seen one in loughborough apart from on the way to FCS etc and some rotter that turns up at dibz's house every now n then :p

Dying to get on track! Think a few of us are gunna do donington or maybe cadwell if you're up for it? Cup vs cup should be fun!