ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cup racer front subframe

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
After needing a new front subframe for the rallycar i did some investigation regards the UK spec cup race car one i have found a few things out.

1. You can still get them from R-sport or i may have the last one made :)
2. They are sub contracted out for the subframe mounts (fabrication works)
3. The base subframe is a 172 / Williams hybrid (front is 172 and the rear which has i higher arch where the dogbone mount contects like the williams).

Was there a early Phase 1 subframe that was like this or is it a one of hybrid?
Would a Williams subframe fit a 172 or are they different mounting point dimensions?

Im sure i can get a std 172 subframe to replace with adding the front mount fabrication and doing something similar with the rear. The later Euro spec subframe is purely based on a 172 subframe.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Had wondered the same Steve, has a spacer/shim welded on the o/s rear mounting point doesnt it?

Remember you'd posted about the longer uniball carriers a while back - did you notice the pickups on the s/frame are further inboard on evo00 aswell?

Would the evo01 s/frame & rear box mount fit the STDSA or they a different offset?