ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup rear brake question?

172 Cup
I know the 172 cup rear brakes don't do very much the rear discs on my car never seem to clean up very much I assumed that was because of the low brake effort but yesterday I saw another 172 cup parked up and the rear discs were clean and shiney so I'm wondering if there is a fault with my rear brakes how do all you cup owners find the rear discs look?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you're worried have the cars rear brakes tested by a local MOT station (Foot brake and parking brake). They should record *some* effort as people seem to think the VOSA note on this subject indemnifies them from having a functioning rear brake circuit on the 172 Cup but the actual figure varies greatly depending on whom you speak to. I believe it to be around 45-50kg per wheel on parking brake efficiency but I've yet to find any literature stating them on the "X65-SPL" from Renault.