ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup ride height

My Cup had the common front suspension fault fixed a couple of months back, and I think maybe its not as low at the front as it should be anymore. Im probably talking b****cks here, because the fix involved the mounts and new shocks, not the springs, so I dont see how ride height could be affected. Ill take a pic tomorrow for you to see, but to ease my mind could some of you other Cup owners take a tape measure to your car and give me a reading?

To be consistent, could we all measure the distance from the ground to the highest point of the bottom of the wheel arch, both left and right? Ive marked it in green on the picture below (not of my cup). Im only really concerned with the front, but if you want to do the rear please do.

Ill measure mine tomorrow and post in the evening. Cheers.http://www.ashworthbrown.co.uk/users/gb7770/cuprideheight.jpg

Cuppy - thats not MY cup - but by coincidence I havent got badges on my passenger side pillar either following a keying incident a few months back which necessitated a full side respray; still havent got round to paying renault £1.82 for the badges!

Anyway, Ive measured my height and its 63cm ground to wheel arch as per green line above. Any advance on 63cm for a non-lowered Cup?

Quote: Originally posted by Gary Brown on 11 September 2003

Cuppy - thats not MY cup - but by coincidence I havent got badges on my passenger side pillar either following a keying incident a few months back which necessitated a full side respray; still havent got round to paying renault £1.82 for the badges!

Anyway, Ive measured my height and its 63cm ground to wheel arch as per green line above. Any advance on 63cm for a non-lowered Cup?
not you as well? just got mine back after it being in the body shop for two days, badges were 2.40 and re spray was £250

Afraid so Jim - got it garaged now, so should be OK. £2.40 you say? - Ill have to save up a bit more then!!

Has anyone else measured their ride height?

Quote: Originally posted by Gary Brown on 10 September 2003

PS, is there a prize for asking the most stupid/pointless/anally retentive question?
yes a ive won it every year consecutively since it was started up so you have no chance mwahahahahahaha