ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup splitter

Clio Sport 182
Hi I've had a quick search and no joy.

How can you tell if a cup splitter is a genuine one as I smashed mine and looking to buy second hand and don't wana pay over the odds for a cheap one like a fabia etc

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its a rounded , hard , black plastic . And they smash because they are quite brittle . The Skoda Fabia ones are more flat when you look at them front on . Go for a Skoda one , they look better imo , they're more flexible and won't smash and they're only about £13 from a Skoda dealership .
Original spliiter :
http://www.allvehicles.co.uk/2005_renault_clio_renaultsport_182_cup_packs_inferno_for_sale.htm
Skoda Fabia splitter:
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/splitters.531807/
http://www.skodaparts.com/product/front-bumper-splitter-spoiler-fabia-2007-2011-33930
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-S...io-/232219432117?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The last time I heard somebody mention a price for an original splitter they were in the region of £165.00 :astonished: either way , £165 or £118 is hell of a bit of money for something that wil inevitably again :wink:

E46 M3, Clio 182
The last time I heard somebody mention a price for an original splitter they were in the region of £165.00 :astonished: either way , £165 or £118 is hell of a bit of money for something that wil inevitably again :wink:
A new, genuine Cup splitter will now cost you circa £250!

Clio Sport 182
Sorry guys basically I'm looking at buying a car. I wanted a set of wheels and the car isn't much more than I was going to pay for the wheels alone from someone else.
I'm buying it as a donor (hopefully) and was going to steal the splitter and wheels from it as like mentioned mine shattered like glass.
I'll keep it in the garage until I come to sell the car so it can be a proper 'full fat' but didn't want to advertise it as that if I'm putting a fake on.
I got quoted by Paul at Renault parts direct and t came in at £245 and some pennies. Delivery was free though! As tempting as it is at that price I found I could definitely plate that money better elsewhere!
I did consider the k technology carbon one also but my cars quite low and I have quite a lip getting on/off my drive and I'll end up taking it off one day if I'm fully loaded so it will be just for resale purposes.
Thanks for the replys!

Clio Sport 182
It was the free delivery that got me haha ;)

It's not pauls fault it's just Renault charging silly money for things. My mate broke the map sensor on his 1.2 and that was 130 quid from Renault! They do like their 'tax' on certain things don't They!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Mine already had a ktec one on when I bought it, I'd quite happily buy another to replace it as I think they look great.

KTR one is the same and repairable if it gets damaged. Seems a good price again now too!

I have the Skoda one and it does the job but I would much prefer the genuine Cup one on there... But with the price and delicate nature of them, mines going to stay here...

20160130_181133_zpsb3za9n2n-jpg.jpg

Clio Sport 182
KTR one is the same and repairable if it gets damaged. Seems a good price again now too!

I have the Skoda one and it does the job but I would much prefer the genuine Cup one on there... But with the price and delicate nature of them, mines going to stay here...

20160130_181133_zpsb3za9n2n-jpg.jpg
That needs bubble wrap and an armed guard before a bit of dust lands on it and snaps the thing in half.
The k tec one I considered for the price which is reasonable and looks good but as mentioned I've got a donor I'm looking to buy and just wanted to see if it was a genuine or not :)

Clio Sport 182
Haha well they seem an investment as they have nearly doubled in price with a year or so lol

200,182 Trophy, Cup
It defies belief. I got a brand new one last year off a lad on the forum for £100. At that time new I think they were £165. Now they are well over £200. I doubt they will have manufactured any new ones for years so it's just price hikes on existing stock, they deserve to be sat with them forever and probably will be!!

Clio Sport 182
They should be dropping in price as you'd think they wouldn't sell - but apparently two do! Paul at rpd said he had sold quite a lot at that price within the last year.
I don't know how true or not it is but apparently they stop making parts I believe 15 years after the last vehicle of that type produced, so if it is true the clio 172/182 parts will start to become limited within a few years I'd imagine. It's something I read somewhere but could be utter rubbish - I suppose it's got to happen at some point?