ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup spoiler fitting on 172 ph2 FF

RRover Sport HST, clio 19
My GF has a ph2 clio 172, 2003 car and I have just bought her a cup spoiler as she keeps banging on about how she loves the one on mine. I have read a lot on here about the problems with fitting the brake light connector and extending the washer pipe. Is this the same for her clio, because I really cant be arsed to fiddle about with it and I will get a body shop to fit it otherwise.

Cheers guys...

Monaco Blue Mk2
Screw the old one off. Screw the new one on.
The washer jet pipe, just give it a good pull and the little rubber grommit will pop out and give you plenty of pipe to connect, then just cut the grommit off. As for the brake light connector, it should be different I think, I still haven't bothered connecting mine up yet to be honest! So you could just leave it like that. Or cut the wires and connect it that way, or but the connector from renault.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
IIRC you have to change the gas struts on the boot.

Because it is an enlarged spoiler, with the original struts on it will open and hit the roof before stopping.

The cup spoiler is the same as the V6 spoiler isn't it?

Breaking A 172 Replica
I have a cup spoiler fitted and it just catches on the aeriel.

I have just taken the aerial out though so no longer a problem

Sam

Artic Blue 182FF
spade connectors for the wiring.
dont pull the washer pipe out just buy some pipe from halfords for like 3£ and connect it up easy really and the spoiler touching the aerial aint a big thing not like it damages it or out well worth it in the end

*edit: also you cant buy a connector from renault, you can only buy a loom or summat what cost 300 £ or around that :O*

JMR

RB 182 Cup
IIRC you have to change the gas struts on the boot.

The cup spoiler is the same as the V6 spoiler isn't it?

er, no.

No to which Ant?

I thought the spoilers were the same, I was going to buy one get it sprayed up, but the cost of the struts put me off in the end.

The CUP/V6 spoilers do look so much better than the normal lower profile spoilers.