ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup spoiler fixings

Ph2 Meg 225
I'm looking at buying a cup spoiler but the seller says there are some white clips broken on the bottom? Are these required to fix the spoiler firmly or will it cause problems?

He describes them as the popper clips which are commonly found on door cards etc

thanks

You'll be fine without the clips mate. When I bought a cup spoiler it had several pink clips bonded on. I snapped them off as it fitted better without them lol.

I think they're just there to help line up the screw holes.

Ph2 Meg 225
You'll be fine without the clips mate. When I bought a cup spoiler it had several pink clips bonded on. I snapped them off as it fitted better without them lol.

I think they're just there to help line up the screw holes.

Cheers for the quick reply! It's wrapped in carbon fibre which I'll redo for the time being if I get it as I'm ment to be saving for a holiday but it can't be helped hahaha! He's not sure whether the brake light works as he never saw it work but it's rather cheap :p

Cheers for the quick reply! It's wrapped in carbon fibre which I'll redo for the time being if I get it as I'm ment to be saving for a holiday but it can't be helped hahaha! He's not sure whether the brake light works as he never saw it work but it's rather cheap :p

I know the exact one, im was also debating it for the rather cheap price ;)

Ph2 Meg 225
Managed to get it for 60 posted! All screw holes are fine so fitting shouldn't be a problem so it will just need painting which will have to wait for the time being

RS Clio 182
Cup spoiler clips: 7701210237 this is the part number for the clips mate they cost around £5 don't really need them but if you really want it that's the part number.

Ph2 Meg 225
Cup spoiler clips: 7701210237 this is the part number for the clips mate they cost around £5 don't really need them but if you really want it that's the part number.

Thanks a lot mate but I'll give it a miss as I got it to fit without them!

the good news is the spoiler came to day and the brake light works so just needs a lick of paint.