ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Spoiler Problem

Clio Sport 172
Tried fitting it. It goes in ok but seems too catch the roof at the top? Anyway around this or is this what everyones is like?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Are you ure all the poppers have clipped in and its all screwed up correctly....sorry if its too obvious.....but its easily done. I know some have trouble with the aerial rubbing it I think there are ways round that. Mine has a different mount, less angle....nor sure if Cups get them as stock or if mine had been changed when it had the K-tec concept spoiler.
My Cup Spoiler will be here soon, just being painted.

Clio Sport 172
Just phoned and ordered the light they said it was a megane light though?

Anyways the bodyshop wired the brake light for me as they sprayed it too. But the rear light still didnt work. Would that mean the one thats in there is shagged and just needs a new one?

Petrol Blue 182.
could be mate, i got that part number from another thread on this page, you mite need a new connector or sumit, best ask someone whos gd at electrics lol

To check the brake light you have mate find out which wires are + and - and attach it to the battery (you may have to extend the wires) and if it lights up its good and if it doesn't light up its fucked.

But if it lights up connected to the battery and not when connected to the wiring on the boot it may be the wiring.

It'll either be the wiring from bootlid back (the wires sometimes break where they bend as the bootlid opens and closes) or check the wiring the bodyshop made for you (get a multimeter or a 12volt test light on the wiring and get someone to push the brake pedal while you check for power around 12volts or the test light to light up - if youconnect the multimeter to the wrong wires you'll just get a minus voltage reading on the display or the test light wont light up)

Or even the brakelight switch beside the pedal, the way to check the brake light switch is to get someone to push brake pedal and seeif the normal brake lights work (you can doit on your own just reverse upto a car or wall and check in your rear view mirrorthere working)

Its just a case of process of elimination ;)

Outta curiousity how much was the new brakelight ?

Last edited:
£25 + vat i think he said. He had to order it in and will ring me tuesday :(

Ok cool,how much was it to get painted ?

P.s You may have been better to wait to order the light and try the above steps first to definetely rule the light out against the wiring.

Asi dunno if they'll take it back if not required as it was an ordered item :S

And if you don't have a multimeter or a test light you can make your own test light out of a good car bulb and a few bits of wire.

Solder/attach one wire to the metal bulb body below the glass(which is the earth or - terminal) and the other wire to the contact at the bottom (which is the + terminal)

If you dont have a soldering iron, stripback the insulation on the wire used for the - terminal wire (bulb body) and wrap it around the bulbs metal body tight to hold it.

And for the + terminal wire (contact on base of the bulb) you'll just have to hold it on it to make contact :D

Clio Sport 172
The bodyshop wired the spoiler brake light as it needed modification, which they did. They then phoned me too say you need a new brake light. I guess they did all the checks. They are retty good.

It cost £100 to be sprayed